Stargazing

Reece looked back at autumn to see if it was okay, she simply nodded at him and told him go.

"okay." Reece sighed.
"I'll take care of him autumn." Marjorie smiled, leading him out the the back yard. There was a ladder behind the house Reece usually climbed up to get onto the roof. He hadn't been stargazing in a while, since everything that had happened.

Marjorie took his hand before climbing up the ladder, Reece following behind.

They both sat down next to eachother, Marjorie resting her head on his shoulder.
"Marjorie." Reece started.
"What's up." She said, looking at him.
"Do you hate me?" He asked.

Reece had been to scared to talk to her about this, he'd been avoiding the question as much as he could. But he knew he couldn't avoid it today, it was now or never.

"Why would you think that?" She looked at him, apologetically.

"I mean, I've put you through so much. I've hurt you physically and mentally, probably even emotionally too. I've been making it all about me, everything. What've I've just done in there is unfair to you and aut. It's my fault I couldn't stop, I got too addicted. My point is, why would you still want to help me after that."

Marjorie went quiet before pulling Reece into her embrace, his head resting on her shoulder.

"all of that doesn't matter to me. I love you and that's all I'm bothered about, yes it hurt me seeing you in such a state, but there's nothing you could've done to prevent that. I'm so sorry I wasn't there. I am now, but I know that's not good enough. The important thing is, I've got you now, and I'm not going anywhere my boy."

Reece relaxed at her words, melting into her touch.

"Now, lets not waste any more time, it'll be to dark soon." Marjorie smiled.

Reece shifted slightly so his head was in her lap, he could admire her beauty from there. He not only admired her, but her strength as well.

It must've been hard for Marjorie to see him like that, but yet she still comforted him when he needed it. After all he's done, she still chose him. She was who he wanted all along, and Marjorie wanted him as well.

The only person he needed to apologise to now was aut, he didn't know if he was ready for that conversation yet.

"I love you." Marjorie said, kissing the top of his head.

"I love you to my girl."

————————

Okay so the pineapple pricks wanted a chapter fletchsketch Kayleigh_May_Roberts so 😜✌️