My mate

"Emma are you ready yet?" I asked Emma.
"Jess, I'm just putting my earrings in. I thought you weren't excited anyway, something about you wouldn't find your mate." Emma teased as she opened the door. She took one look at my pink dress and black jacket and sighed "that'll have to do. Now let's go find our mate." She squealed.
I sighed as we walked out and she drove us to the dance.
When we got there we were late. "We missed Alpha Dean shifting." Emma sighed. Alpha Dean was our soon to be king.
"So?" I asked her.
"That means we don't know who his mate is." I rolled my eyes and we walked on.
There was slow music playing. I was already bored.
"Let's go dance." Emma said.
"Emma it's a slow song." I reminded her. I then realised there were two boys standing beside her. She laughed. "Let's go." One of the boys pulled me out to the dance music and we started dancing.
"I'm Jessica." I said.
"Ethan." He replied, as the music stopped we wished each other the best for finding our mate.
Emma ran up to me.
"What was his name?" She asked me, excitedly.
"Ethan. Why?" I replied.
"I think he might be my mate."'she ran after him. I sighed as I was now left alone. I wandered out of the room and into a quiet hallway and I know what your thinking, "wow such a great place to be at a party." But I had a headache ok? When it cleared up a bit I walked back inside.
Emma was gone probably with her mate. I then saw a familiar face. Grace. She walked up to me with her group.
"Hey, little bitch still no luck finding your mate?" She sneered.
"Has yours ran away yet?" I replied. I saw hurt flash in her eyes before it was replaced with hate. She grabbed my arm and pulled me out into the hallway. I let because if she even tried to hurt me she was going to end up with a broken jaw. She pushed me up against the wall.
"No one will ever want you." She yelled, "you couldn't even dress properly." I took in a deep breath and said "move your hands away from me and leave me. I am not in the mood to have some trash like you insult me." She grabbed my neck and started squeezing. I twisted her arm round and put it round her back.
I might have done it a little too hard because she was on the ground and her group were now chasing after me. I ran down the hallway. I wasn't stupid I knew when I was out numbered.
As I was trying to get away I ran into someone. I felt sparks. This was my mate. I flinched as he growled. At first I thought it was me he was growling at but then I heard one of Grace's minions say something that surprised me
"s-sorry Alpha." I heard them walk away.
The  arms let go of me and I stepped back. Alpha Dean was in front of me. "Alpha." I gasped.
"Come on let's get out of here." He said and grabbed my hand. We started running out of the event house.
"My name's Jessica or Jess." I said as we reached the forest.
"Ok Jess what would you like to do?" He asked me with a smirk.
He then frowned at looked at my neck. "What's wrong?" I asked him.
"Your neck is bruised." He said.
"Oh I just got in a fight, it ended quickly." I replied.
"You're a troublemaker then." He smirked.
"Yes, don't try to change me." I replied. Pulled me close to him and kissed me I kissed him back. He pulled back "how about I show you your new house?" He asked me. I nodded.
He walked me to a Range Rover and we both climbed in. He then drove off.