Next step

Jess POV

Dean wrapped me in his arms and held me closer than he had ever held me. 

"Can I remind you that you are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my hands on?" he said.

"As long as I can remind you that you are the only person who didn't hesitate at all to stand with me through my wreck of a life."

"How could you possibly thank me?" He asked me with a devilish smirk playing on his lips and light up his eyes.

There was suddenly a knock at the door which Dean growled at.

"Oh calm down. We can thank each other later." I smirked at him and rolled my eyes as I opened the door. It was Dean's father.

"Jessica Dean," He started but was interrupted by Dean's mother who ran to the front door of our house.

"Can we have a discussion about something very important for both of you and the packs?" She asked. I let them in.

They sat down at the dining room table and told us to join them which we did.

"What is this all about?" Dean asked he was still irritated about being interrupted.

'shut up and listen to your parents." I mind linked him which earned a playful kick to my leg.

"We want to step down from our places and have the both of you take our places." He told us.

"Are you sure we're ready?" Dean asked as he grabbed my hand. I thought he would have been excited but he wasn't. why?

"You both are definitely ready. You both have been through a lot and maybe you don't want to step up right now but when you feel the time is right, it's time." She told us and they stood up before leaving.

"Dean what's wrong?" I asked him as he sat down soon the sofa and sighed.

"I just don't think we should rush this." He replied.

"Why? I thought you would have been excited."

"Well think about it. We have our whole lives to worry about all the packs why can't we just practice on the one we have first?"

"Why are you worried?"  I asked him. He sighed before grabbing my hand. 

"Jess please don't hate me but people are scared of you now," He told me.

"Are you?"

"No of course I'm not."

"Then why are you so hesitant."

"I'm scared you don't know how to use your magic."

"So you are scared." I sighed, "what else?"

"That someone will manipulate you like your mother has."

"Okay then." I said as I stood up and ran to our bedroom. He ran after me and tried to stop me as I  grabbed a bag and started stuffing some clothes into it.

"Jess where are you going?" He asked me.

"I'm keeping you all safe." I said as I zipped up the bag and threw it round my shoulders.

"You shouldn't have to go." 

"But you're still not saying I can't go. You still think it's better for everyone if I leave?"

"No, not everyone." 

"Good bye Dean. I love you." I said as I kissed his cheek before teleporting as faraway as I could.