Chapter 2: Protecting Eachother

Your P.O.V.:
Yukine pulled you along behind him as you both sprinted to where Yato previously just was.
You looked at his hand wrapped around his wrist, focusing on his cool touch.
It sounded corny, but you honestly missed it. After all, you did believe he was gone. You felt that from now on, you should cherish every single moment you would have with him.
There's no telling when you would just.. stop being able to be with him.
"There she is!" Yukine called, pointing to the familiar face of Bishamon.
You creased your eyebrows in confusion.
"Where's Medusa..?" You asked quietly, careful not to let Bishamon be aware of your presence.
Yukine pulled you down into a crouching position, as he looked on at Bishamon skeptically.
For the moment, she seemed to be occupied with talking to Yato before attempting to attack him.
"Bishamon was tricking us. She posed as her sister Medusa to mess with our heads. She still has the same reason to as Medusa to kill Yato though," Yukine explained, his hand still grasping yours.
"Y-you can let go of me now.." You said nervously as his eyes shot open and he quickly let go of your hand with a warming blush.
"S-sorry.. I just... nevermind." He said opting to look away from you.
"So.. how are we gonna go about this..?" You asked him, changing the subject, and looking on at the phantom still standing above you.
He seems completely oblivious to everyone, and only responds to Bishamon.
But its impossible to single handedly control a phantom.. isn't it?
Yukine shook his head. "Not a clue. We need to find a way to get to Yato so he has his own weapon.." Yukine suggested.
You switched your complete focus to the phantom. No one was getting out of this fight alive with that thing standing around.
"How the hell do we get rid of that thing?" You asked, becoming a little fearful of its presence.
"I dunno.. maybe Yato could place a rend on it? Though something tells me that isn't just a regular old phantom." Yukine said, his fingers gripping the rock you were both hiding behind.
"You're right about the phantom being an abnormal.." an unknown voice loomed behind the both of you, causing you and Yukine to freeze in your very spots.
You and Yukine had proven to be terrible at hiding from people.
You both slowly turned your heads to meet the impending fate of green eyes hiding being a set of sophistacated black frames.
"Kazuma?!" You both said loudly, almost alerting Bishamon of your presence.
"Shh!" He quieted the both of you, clasping his hand over your mouths in one instant.
Your eyes drifted from Kazuma's eyes, to Yukine's, and back to Kazuma's.
He breathed a sigh of relief, releasing his hands from your mouths.
You glared at him, wiping your mouth with the sleeve of your shirt.
"You have really sweaty palms, you know." You said sourly, to which he responded with an eye roll.
"Any how, I'm here to try and help you.. do you want me to or not?" Kazuma asked you both sternly, to which you both responded with a quick nod.
"Viinna and her sister both wield a special power that allows them to control phantoms for short period of time. This one here, is under Viinna's control. But not for much longer now." Kazuma explained, fixing the tie on his suit, looking on at the still phantom. (I know Kazuma and some of Bisha's other regalias call her viinna but idk how its exactly spelled, so dont kill me over it plz)
"How long exactly?" You asked him skeptically.
Though Kazuma had helped Yato out continuously, you still had the odd vibe that he could turn on all of you at any given moment.
After all, he was the shinki Yato's arch rival.
"Shouldn't be more that a minute or so now.." Kazuma answered slowly walking away from the both you, as if you weren't all just previously talking.
"Where are you going?!" Yukine whisper-yelled.
"I can't sit around forever, I have to get back to Viinna. Just appreciate that I helped you!" Kazuma responded, dissappearing behind a few shrubs of wheat.
"After that thing dissappears, I'll go after Yato so he can use me. You distract-"
"Hell no." You interrupted Yukine, slapping him in the back of the head.
"Ow! What was that for?!" Yukine asked, his peach colored eyes falling into a glare as he slowly rubbed the back of his head.
"There's no way I'm letting you go back out there. I practically just saw your dead body.. no way in hell am I letting you do that again. I can't... I can't lose you again.." You explained to him, a blush rising on his cheeks as you spoke.
"And I can't lose you either.." Yukine said, swiftly shifting his head so that he was looking away from you.
Your (e/c) orbs widened as you looked at him. You made sure to tell him this time.
"I'm not letting you go off and fight without saying it this time, Yukine. I love you, Yukine.. and I can't bear losing you. Don't go dying on me again, okay idiot?" Yukine looked back at you, his golden orbs shining brightly from the reflection of the sun.
He grabbed your shoulders, pulling your lips roughly into his. Your eyes widened in surprise at his sudden action, but you kissed back, happy that he'd done that.
You'd known it was hard for Yukine to express hinself to you sometimes, so you were glad when he was able to.
You slowly closed your eyes, melting into the kiss as you placed your hand softly on his cheek.
It felt like the kiss lasted for hours, but it was only mere minutes that you were able to enjoy it.
He pulled away from you breathing heavily, his entire face as red as an apple.
You smiled, giggling a little. You loved how embarrassed you got when he was around you.
"Lets do this," You said sternly, as Yukine nodded and you both stood up.
Right on time, Bishamon was preparing to bring her blade down on Yato.
The phantom behind her faded into dust as if it was only a time illusion.
"Yato, call my name!!!" You screamed, distracting Bishamon.
"Come, (s/n)!!" You heard Yato's tired and wounded voice call.
Your body molded and morphed into its familiar form of an elegant bow and arrow.
You landed in Yukine's hands, as he nervously gripped your bow in awkward places.
"Hope you're good at archery!" You said from inside your weapon as he pulled back your string and arrow directing it at Bishamon.
She only glared at the both of you darkly, her deep violet eyes sending shivers down your spine. "His weapon evolved?!" She asked stunned, her finger pressing to her ear as she was presumably speaking to Kazuma. "I chose them for a reason.. neither will ever let me down." Yato said confidently in a joking attitude.
Even if the sweat-suit god was on his death bed, he still managed to keep that silly personality of his.
Both you and Yukine rolled your eyes, as Bishamon got back into ready position, grabbing the handle of her large sword, focusing her target of Yukine.
"Nevermind that... now I can take them both out at once," she said charging towards the both of you, her black high heels clicking against the pavement.
You sharpened the point on your arrow, as Yukine let go of the arrow, its sharpness driving itself deep into the shoulder of Bishamon as she staggered back in pain.
Yukine stared at your bow in awe as he smiled.
"Woah.. I actually did that..? I thought that for sure I'd miss!"
"Focus, Yukine! We've got her distracted. Now we need to go get Yato and get out of here!!" You yelled at him, shaking him out of his thoughts.
"Right!" He yelled, running to Yato, who was leaning against a rugged rock.
He was severly wounded, covered in bruises and cuts, but he wasn't unconcious.
You transformed out of your weapon form, helping Yukine hoist Yato on the both of your shoulders.
You all scurried away from the scene, Bishamon still behind all of you, attempting to chase after you despite Kazuma encouraging her to retreat.
Eventually she gave in, falling to her defeat.
Though, she wasn't going to give up.
Bishamon gritted her teeth angrily.
"I let him get away.. again.. next time I come across Yatogami and his regalia, I will slay them.. no matter what it takes.."
**************************
You and Yukine were able to escape with Yato out of town, headed to stay with Hiyori.
It would be best to lay low for a while, as of now, Bishamon also had her goals set on killing you and Yukine.
"Next time you guys try that hero shit again, I swear.." you said glaring at both Yato and Yukine, as they responded with nervous laughs.
"We're still here aren't we?" Yato said sloppily, still wincing from the pain of his wounds.
"Thats not the point. You're like my.. my.. big brother. I don't know what I'd do if I..lost you." You quietly whispered, looking at the ground.
Yato snickered, his midnight hair sweeping against your cheek.
"What was that? I didn't quite hear it."
"Shut up, Yato. You're pushing your luck." You said in annoyance, to which Yukine responded with a giggle.
You hated the two boys sometimes, but honestly, they were your family. Without them, you'd be nothing. They were apart of your new life, and you had no plans of letting go of them.

HEYY GUYS. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK. I'M JUST REALLY TIRED AND TOO LAZY TO TURN IT OFF. I'VE BEEN WRITING THIS SINCE 10:55 AND ITS 12:34 AM NOW SO YEAH. I WANTED TO MAKE THIS CHAPTER EXTRA LONG FOR YOU GUYS CAUSE I SUCK AS AN AUTHOR AND I NEED TO UPDATE QUICKER. BUT I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT CAUSE I TOOK A REALLY LONG TIME WORKING ON IT. EVEN THOUGH ITS PROBABLY STILL A TRASH CHAPTER. ANYWAYS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALMOST 200 READS. YOU GUYS KNOW I REALLY APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT A LOT OF YOU STUCK IT THROUGH WITH ME TO THE SEQUEL. TYSM ( ^ω^) ANYWAYS I HAVE TO EDIT THIS NOW SO ITS NOT FILLED WITH GRAMMATICAL ERRORS AND ITS ACTUAL ENGLISH. KAY. LOVE YOU PEEPS. - DRAMA TYPHOON <3