Chapter 16: Falling Apart

Your P.O.V.:
It's happening again. Everything is seperating at the seams, and everything is falling apart.
Somehow, Medusa had managed to take control of you once again. You just couldn't understand. Why you? You'd already gone through so much. Every single time everything had gone back to normal, she had shown up to shake things up once more.

"(Y/n)?" Yukine asked, shaking you out of your panicked thoughts.
You hesitated to respond, just continuing to loom and stare at the ground.
You felt as if you'd let him down, and that it was your fault things had gone this way.
After all, with Medusa's plan, you would never be allowed to see Yukine again, let alone finish what you'd started together.
"Is everything okay? You've been acting weird all day.." He spoke up, turning his attention away from the cotton candy he had been enjoying.
"I'm fine.. just feeling a little queasy." You mumbled quietly.

"You know, I can tell when you lie. Something's up." He eyed you suspiciously.

You perked up, anxiously rubbing your cold arms. "I'm not lying.. I just don't feel well."

You wanted so badly to tell him the truth. To explain to him that you didn't want to leave him, and there was nothing you could do. You yearned that this all was over.
To think, this would probably be your last night with him. Your last night serving Yato. Your last night being acquainted with Hiyori.
It would be your last night being (Y/n).
"I don't believe that, (Y/n). Now really, what's up? Do you think that after all we've been through together, you still can't tell me what you're going through?" The blonde asked with anxious eyes.
You gulped at this, almost on the verge of tears.
No. You can't cry. You're doing this to save him.
"I'm just a little sad that we have to leave Capypaya Land so soon. I had so much fun..!" You boasted with a faux grin.

Yukine's suspicious aura disappeared as his thin lipped expression faded into that of a smile.
"You didn't have much fun on the rollercoasters, now did you?" He chuckled.
"Nah. I think I liked the smaller rides a lot better." You said quietly.
"That's good. Y'know, I had a lot of fun with you, (Y/n)." He said happily, and threw one of his arms around your shoulders.
You squeezed your eyes tight, as you pushed him away from you in a fit.
"(Y/n) what'd-"
"Yukine, I love you. I love you so much. Please don't ever forget that." You exclaimed, before pressing your lips sharply against his.
His eyes widened in surprise, but he kissed back, slowly wrapping his arms around your waist.
You melted into each other, refraining from letting go. Though, you never wanted to.
You were gonna miss him. Every single part of his being. The bright shimmery tones of his satin blonde hair, how he seemed to dawn a blush of pink each time he had been around you, or his sunset toned eyes that you'd fallen in love with the moment yours fell into sync with them.
The way he was stubborn sometimes, and the way he would stare at you in wonder before you had woken up as if you were the most beautiful sunrise he had ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Every single part of him.

"Heyyy kids, cool it on the lip." Yato said sarcastically, with Hiyori in tow. It appeared that they had come from a ride close by with a sudden announcent about their presence.
Your lips slowly pulled away from his, as he looked at you with wide eyes and a vibrant red blush.
"Uh... I l-love you t-too, (Y/n).." He stuttered, as you could still feel the rushed pace of his breathing brushing against your lips.
Hiyori squealed, interrupting the locking stare you'd had with each other.
"Oh my gosh, sooo cute!" She chanted exitedly.
Yato then seductively waggled his eyebrows, whilst snaking an arm around her waist.
"Say, Hiyori... why don't you ever kiss me like that?"
**************************
Later that night, you had all returned home to Kofuku's.

Yukine and Yato had both gone to bed, and you were left alone with your thoughts, and an empty backpack. A place you'd never imagined you'd be in.
You couldn't imagine bidding farewell to them. Yet, that was what you were about to do.