Chapter 4 -Part 2: Hearts Dont Stop

Marks POV:

Janel pulled me from Witney, we were talking. She took me aside after she was done talking to Val and the new guys I guess.
"Mark, we need to talk" She's sounds pretty serious...is it about Derek? I hope it's nothing TOO bad.

"Yes commander Janel?" I asked nervously.

"Derek is-" She cut herself off from the sound of distance Titan steps "MARK WE GOTTA MOVE!" I ziplined next to Janel because I must know about Derek!

"Janel please! He is my best friend! My brother!" I didn't realize I was yelling, Janel looked at me and didn't say anything! She just looked mad and sped up in front of me.
I can't keep my mind off Derek and his condition, I visit him everyday but he never wakes up. I miss him. I'm never letting go. "MARK A LITTLE HELP!!" Witney shouted from my right "I'm on my way!" I replied, me and Witney both took out the Titan. "Did you see what we have today?" Witney asked me as we shot into higher ground "The new guys?"
"Yeah! They call themselves 'The Grumps'" Wit said "Grumps?" I laughed. I can't take that name seriously. I looked up and saw Emma and RedFoo pass us up to kill a small Titan. "That is a funny name!" She laughed, man. Wit has the cutest laugh, and the prettiest smile I've ever seen. "Hey! Didn't you see the flair? The mission is a success!" Riker told us.
Me and Witney got to the Andrews Hall and found Janel. Please continue the news about Derek.
Janel took a minute, "Derek's body is in shock and he might not be able to move again, he still has a broken arm but he will wake up soon." She said. Witney held my hand in comfort "What do you mean in shock?" I asked "Well, he can't move at all and it would take a miracle for his body to operate again, maybe because he is so strong his body could shake it off within weeks" Janel patted me on the back and left.
Witney gave me a hug and cried, she wouldn't stop saying she was sorry "Witney it's ok" I looked into her eyes "It's not your fault" I took her hand and walked her inside the Andrews Hall where she could lay down. I'm still very upset about Derek, I do hope he wakes up soon.