two.

When Melody walked into class, on time for once, it caught Harry's eye. Of course Harry was already there, just killing time. He couldn't remember the last time she was here a decent amount of time before their professor would walk in.

The two again made eye contact that held for only a few seconds until Melody looked down. She made her way to her seat, which today was right next to Harry.

Harry kept his eyes on her as she set her stuff down on her side of the desk before taking a seat. Harry couldn't lie that he was even slightly confused, they had never spoken a word to each other and now she's willingly sitting next to him. This was all new and surreal to both of them.

Both just sat there, in their seats, next to each other. Not going on their phones, pulling out last second assignments (on Melody's part of course), they just sat there. An uncomfortable silence fell upon them as neither said a word. Melody started biting her nails due to the silence and Harry just kept wondering why she was sitting next to him.

This practically ruined the non-existent friendship they had, this was the very first step to a friendship. They had been at step one for the whole year and it was strange on why so suddenly it was broken.

"Thanks for, um, the coffee." And just like that, their very first conversation started. Just like that, they had moved into step two of becoming friends, all within minutes.

"It's no problem." Harry calmly replied. No one would ever notice that he was totally and completely still fazed by the fact she sat next to him. More importantly that she was on time.

"Um, I'm Melody by the way."

"I know."

Melody was taken back by that, I mean, she knew his name was Harry but she didn't know that he knew her name was Melody.

"My name's--"

"Harry, I know." Melody said beating him to it with a smile, Harry returning the smile.

Now that the atmosphere around them had gotten more comfortable, Melody's body language showed that. She put her feet up on the desk and leaned a little bit more back in her chair.

"Did you get your assignment done?"

"The one I was working on in the coffee shop?" Melody then started looking through her bag for the paper and pulled it out all crumpled. "No, but thank you for reminding me." She said with a smirk before she began scribbling half wrong answers on the paper.

"Jesus, isn't that one due today?" Harry asked shocked at how someone could be so disorganized. Harry didn't expect her to answer though, she never did when she was working on assignments. Or so he noticed of course. But then she took him by surprise.

"Yeah, but don't worry I have ten minutes to finish and only a couple of questions."

Slowly the time ticked on until class was going to start and Harry would ask countless questions while Melody gave short replies. By the time she just finished her last question class started.

Usually, Harry would pay attention, because he's a good student but he couldn't get his mind off of how him and Melody were finally acquainted. He couldn't get his mind off how within the 15 minutes they had finally talked how much he's already learned about her. He couldn't stop thinking about how she answered a question while working, after all this time of noticing her habits he was proven wrong about his findings in seconds. That made him wonder why he hadn't talked to her sooner. But that made him come to conclusion, that this wouldn't be their last conversation.