Chapter 9

Peeta's POV

As the days go by, Katniss and I get t know each other better. My feelings for her grow as I realize that she's not only the girl with the braids. Or stubborn and good with a bow. She has other qualities.

I spend more time with Delly too. We've always gotten along well. She is my best friend in the whole wide world. My feelings for her grow too. But I'm not sure in what way anymore. I would be lying if I said I didn't think Delly is beautiful. Or that haven't fantasized about us in my early puberty years. We had our fair share of kisses, most of them were dares and now they are to make Katniss jealous. But I can't say I didn't enjoy some of them. Though I never felt the spark I feel with Katniss, Delly is not a bad kisser.

On the other hand Katniss has always made my heart flutter. I've gotten soft before with my hand with thoughts of her in my mind. I've been saving my purity for her.

I'm overthinking things again. I shake my thoughts out of my head and focus on something else.

The victory tour is in two days. That means two weeks in a train with Katniss, Haymitch and Effie. The good thing is that Katniss and I will be able to get to know each other more.

* * *

I stand in the middle of a dance floor dressed in a blue shirt that matches my eyes and black jeans. Soft music plays in the background but I can't tell where it comes from.

Suddenly two lights light up revealing Katniss and Delly in beautiful dresses.

As they stand there you can fully appreciate how different they are. Quite opposites. Delly is blonde while Katniss is brunette. Delly has calm blue eyes and Katniss has gray fierce eyes. Delly is kind of tall and Katniss isn't taller than 5'4. Delly has pale skin whereas Katniss's is olive.

"Choose!" Snows voice suddenly comes from somewhere in the room.

"Choose me, Peeta. We've been best friends since we were 3. I love you. I'm prettier choose me." Delly says.

"No! Choose me, Peeta. We've been through the games together. You love me and I, you. I chose you. She won't understand you like I do." Katniss says.

"Liar!" Delly says to Katniss.

"Bitch!" Katniss answers turning to Delly.

"Seam Rat!"

"Merchant Slut!" They both turn to me with mad eyes.

"Choose me! No! Me! Ugh!" They yell at the same time and this goes on for a few minutes until I can't take it anymore.

"Please! Stop!" I yell at the but they continue to tell me to choose them. It all gets worse as Snow's voice adds to theirs chanting 'choose!'. But how could I. Choose between my love and my best friend.

"Peeta!"

* * *

I wake with a start. Pale morning light coming through the window. Still half in the nightmare I look around my room to find Haymitch is the one who woke me up.