Chapter 16

Katniss's POV

I sit on the couch with Prim by my side. Mom is in the kitchen cooking dinner. I've been thinking a lot about my recently found feelings for Peeta. I feel like I should tell him, but I don't know how. Plus, he has Delly now and I'm afraid to be rejected. Does he love me still? Am I too late?

"Are you okay?" Prim asks me.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" I respond.

"You zoned out for a while. What's on your mind?"

"Peeta." I blurt out.

"Yeah? What about him?"

"Can you keep a secret, Little Duck?"

"Of course."

"I'm in love with Peeta."

"That's amazing!" Prim squeals. "Everlark! I can totally see it! You'll go on dates and get married and have millions of toast babies!"

 "Everlark! I can totally see it! You'll go on dates and get married and have millions of toast babies!"

"What? Prim I didn't understand half of what you said. Calm down."I say.

"I'm sorry. I just got excited. You have to tell him!"

"That's the problem. I don't know how."

"Well, just tell him how you feel. I know it sounds like a stupid advice but maybe just saying what's in your heart will work."

"Thank you, Prim. You're the best." I hug her and she hugs me back. "It's almost time for the mandatory viewing. Let's turn on the tv. Mom!!!" I call out to mom and turn the tv on.

"Yes?" Mom says coming from the kitchen.

"Mandatory view is starting." I inform her.

"What do you think it will be?" Prim asks.

"I have no idea." I say.

"Maybe it's about your wedding dresses."

"No. It couldn't be. They just took the pictures today." I say. Just then president Snow come on.

"This year we are celebrating another 25 years of the Hunger Games. Each Quarter Quell has a special twist to it, to show how bad the rebellion was. On the 25th Hunger Games, the tributes were chosen by the people of the district, showing that it was our decisions that got us where we are. On the 50th Hunger Games double of the usual tributes were chosen, to show that for every Capitol person that died, two rebels died." Snow says pausing to get the envelope from a box with a number 75 on it. "On this 75th Hunger Games the tributes reaped shall be siblings, to show that we all have our brothers' blood on our hands. Good night." He finishes. I sigh in relief. Prim is safe this year.

"I'm gonna go talk to Peeta." I say. I'm not fully sure why now but, this interview gave me the strength to just tell him my feelings.

I walk out of my house and cross the 25 yards it takes to get to Peeta's house. I knock on the door. Peeta opens. He's shirtless. Focus Katniss! Don't look at his abs!

"Hi, Kat. What are you doing out so late?" He asks.

"I need to talk to you." I say nervously.

"Come on in." He says stepping aside. I walk in and we sit down on the love seat. "What did you need to talk about?"

"Peeta, I'm not good with words like you or Prim, so I'm just going to come out and say it *takes deep breath* I love you. I'm sorry I didn't realize it before." I tell him looking into his beautiful cerulean blue eyes.

"Kat, I love you too. A lot. But I also love Delly. To be honest I'm not even sure who I love. Plus, Delly just came and told me basically the same thing." He says. That little Merchant Slut. "I'm not rejecting you. I'm just really confused about my feelings. I just need a little time to think. Could you wait for me to figure this out?"

"I'll wait for you, Peeta. Always, remember?"

"Thanks, Kitty." He says and hugs me. I hug him back. We let go and he walk me to my house. With one last goodbye hug, we part ways.

Now all I gotta do is wait for my love to come back to me.

Always.