Chapter 13

Katniss POV

I lay in bed. Thinking about how I reacted to Delly and Peeta. I knew they were gonna be out there. He told me so before entering into his house. Why did I suggest to go play ball with Prim outside? Was I unconsciously trying to spy on them? Am I jealous of Delly and Peeta? Am I in love with Peeta Mellark?

After a while more of lying in bed thinking, I come to the conclusion that I was in fact trying to spy on them and I'm in fact jealous. Now the question is why? I'm I jealous because I feel Delly is taking my new best friend? No. That can't be. They were best friends before me and him even met. She has more right to him as a best friend. She's to him like Gale was to me. Do I have a crush on Peeta? Well, he is handsome. And sweet. And fun. And he does make me blush. So yes that could be it. But crush doesn't seem like a word strong enough to describe what I'm feeling. So that leaves me with love. But I wouldn't recognize love even if it hit me on the face. I've never had time for the type of love you have with a couple. I care about Peeta too much to be a simple crush but, is it love? I decided to just get this over with, I'll ask my mom what love feels like. Even if she was... absent for a while, she's an expert in this kind of love. If there is one person who knows what true love feels like, is my mom. With that in mind I walk into the kitchen, taking a deep breath, ready to ask the question that's been bothering to my mom.

"Mom?" I say.

"Yes?" She looks at me with kind eyes filled with and I know she has fully returned to us.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, darling."

"What does true love feel like?" I blurt out.

"Well, that depends the kind of love you're talking about." She responds shocked by my question.

"As in a couple." I state more confident now.

"Well, whenever you're with that person, you feel like the happiest person alive. Whenever he touches you, you get butterflies and feel sparks running all over your body. You feel like, and sometimes it's true, like he's the only person who could ever understand you. He makes you feel safe, warm and loved. He can always make you laugh or smile even on your worst days. He's always there for you. You feel like you can't live without them. Like you need them to as much as breath. You feel like without them, you'd be broken beyond repair. And you would be. You fall in a constant state of bliss whenever you're together. And when he's gone or with someone else (in a couple-y way), you feel hurt. Broken. Lost. It can build you up or destroy you. It's the most beautiful thing ever." She explains to me with detail.

"Thank you mom." I say hugging her and walking out of the kitchen.

"Wait! Katniss! Can I at least know who's the lucky guy?" She ask. I peek my head in the kitchen.

"Peeta." I simply say and walk to my room.

I now know. I'm in love with Peeta Mellark.