III

hello :D

WARNING: contains use of drugs/talks of drugs

----

"Hey, Harry." Harry looked up from his text book, seeing Niall. He smiled, and Niall sat across from him. They were in the library, both having their books open. Harry was studying for his math quiz while Niall was doing his math homework that was assigned yesterday.

"Where's Louis?" Niall asked. Harry shrugged.

"Not sure. We had a small fight about something stupid, I wouldn't want to waste your homework time." Harry scratched the back of his neck, nervous about Louis' whereabouts. Louis didn't tell him where he was going, he kind of just stormed out of the library. Harry texted him, saying he was sorry, and that he'll make it up to him. He didn't text back, though. It just said he read it. At least Harry knows his best friend isn't ignoring him. Harry let out a breath of relief.

"Nah, it's okay. It's time for a two hour break anyways. So, what happened?"

"Two hour break? It's free period, we only ha- never mind. Anyway, for my period, I needed to study. But, Louis also have free period right now, and he wanted to go to In-N-Out. So, I was like, 'no, I have to study, so we could go after school.' But, then he got mad and practically got on his hands and knees, begging me. We were in the middle of the hallway, so people were staring and I hate that- Louis knows it too-, but he kept on doing it. Then, I just walked off. I left him there, and I felt so bad- I still feel bad-. And now, I have no clue where he is because he won't tell me!" Harry breathing was irregular, jagged. The librarian looked at the two, concern written all over her face.

Niall looked at the librarian, saying Harry's fine. But, it sounded like he was trying to convince himself more than her. "Harry, you're okay, and Louis' okay. We're all okay, don't worry." he hugged the curly-haired lad, rocking him back and forth lightly.

Harry didn't know what to feel. His emotions were going haywire, having no control. Harry regrets leaving his best friend, but he was failing math. D's are not his thing. Unless it's Louis'. But, all jokes aside, Harry didn't like the sad look he made Louis have. Not one bit. He feels like he's punched in the throat, since it hurt so much from crying at the moment.

What if Louis hates him? That's probably why he's ignoring him. Or, he probably went to go find a new best friend to replace Harry. It's funny how Harry thought that when just twenty-four hours ago he was telling Louis that he'll never replace him. Oh, how the tables have turned.

"Harry, you okay?" Harry looks up at the blonde kid with bloodshot eyes. He nodded, but just laid his head on Niall's shoulder. Niall, on the other hand, had millions of thoughts and questions swirling around his head. He's not dumb, so he could see the way Harry looked at his short best friend. Niall always sees them during lunch and around the halls. It's not that he's following them around, they just happen to be wherever he is. That happens to everyone right?

However, Niall tried not to think too much about it. He just let Harry be, he'll ask him later.

During the rest of the school day, Harry didn't see Louis once. And that made him sad. Sadder than he was before. Harry would've asked other students if they've seen his best friend, but his awkward social skills got in the way. He was almost tempted to ask Stephany, too. Niall, his new friend, was on the lookout for Louis also, but didn't find him either.

After school, Harry was about to get into his car when someone called his name. He turned around, sad and confused. He saw his little blonde friend jogging towards him. When Niall reached him, he was panting like crazy. He's terribly out of shape, not having been to the gym in almost five months.