Chapter 6 - I Hate It When She Makes Me Blush

I Hate My Fake Relationship : Chapter 6 - I Hate It When She Makes Me Blush

Carson's POV (Point Of View)

"Oh come on! Does it take that long to change?!" I yell at Aubrey. The curtains are closed from her room but the windows are not so she can hear me.

"I'm just trying to look good for a change!" she shouts.

"You always look good!" I say and then blush. Oh god. That was my first blush. I start slapping my cheeks, trying to make it white again. After a while, my cheeks aren't red anymore and I look up.

Oh. Aubrey saw me slapping my cheeks. She smirks "Thanks for the compliment. I'm taking it you don't blush a lot, do you?"

I sigh "No word of this to anyone, okay?"

"Yeah, sure. Who would even believe me?" she says.

I nod and then take a look at what she's wearing.

"You look amazing." I tell her "Nice purse."

"Should I wear the jacket that came along with it?"

"No, you look great."

"I don't feel comfortable in this thing. Jeans and crop tops are more my thing."

"I noticed." I smile "Now let's go!"

(A/N : Aubrey's outfit is the picture in this chapter.)

I walk down the stairs. Cassandra is making bacon and eggs.

She's alright. I know Cassandra actually does care about me. But she will never replace my mother.

Aria is watching Peppa Pig on the TV. Aria and I are the same. We both like Peppa Pig. I've never told that to anyone though. Aubrey just had a wild guess that day.

Aria is my 6 year old step-sister. As much as I hate to admit it, I really love Aria.

"Hey Mom," I greet Cassandra. I had decided that even if inside my mind, I didn't call her my mother, I could at least say it outside my mind.

"Hey Tyler," she says back "Who were you yelling at, a few minutes ago?"

"Um, my girlfriend."

Her head turns this way, all her attention on me "And who is this girlfriend?"

"Uh, Aubrey."

It felt weird telling Cassandra about Aubrey being my 'girlfriend' when it was clear, that over the past 2 years since Aubrey's family moved in, I hadn't once gone to their house.

"How does a impolite, idiotic boy like you get a perfect innocent little girl like her?" she asks jokingly.

Yeah, right. Aubrey is not perfect and she's definitely not innocent.

"Mom, I'm not idiotic!" I protest "I'm a very good boy."

"You are, my sweet cheeks," Cassandra says, pinching my cheeks.

I suddenly hear Aria getting off the sofa and running to the hallway.

"Aria?" I call after her "Where are you going?"

That's when I see Aubrey. She just witnessed a private moment with my step-mother. She raises an eyebrow at me before turning to Aria who is wanting to introduce herself.

"How did she get in the house?" I hiss at Cassandra.

"I gave her a spare key, like, a year ago," Cassandra tells me "Aubrey Sweetheart has never actually used it until now. Tyler, I advise you to take good care of Aubrey. Or else ...."

I nodded and turned around. I grabbed Aubrey's arm and pulled her away from Aria.

"Hey! Me and Aria were talking!"

"And I rescued you from her! I should at least get a thank you! By the way, your dress is very ... Short," I tell her.

"I know. I hate it, it's so uncomfortable."

"Thanks for doing this."

"It's alright. Why did you tell Cassandra, though?"

I shrugged "Allie comes over to our house a lot. Cassandra needs to know."

"Why'd ya call her Cassandra?"

"Cause she's my step-mother."

"She is? I knew it! She looks nothing like you."

It was true. I had sleek black hair which looked blue most times whereas Cassandra had curly blonde hair. I had light blue eyes but Cassandra had hazel eyes. I had a perfect sized nose-

"You're thinking about the differences between you and Cassandra, aren't you?" Aubrey's voice cuts in.

"Yeah," I admit.

"Okay, well, forget about that! Let's do this Allie shít!"

I chuckle, then opened the car door for Aubrey.

"Such a gentleman."

I fake sigh "When girls see me do this, they usually fall over their heels dreamily."

"Not me," she smiles.

"Okay, let's start Operation Get Allie With Fake Girlfriend!" I announce.

Aubrey stares at me in disbelief "That's a long name. It's not even cool."

I huff "It's straight to the point," I mutter.

She smiles again.

I like that smile.

A/N : Okay, so this chapter was short but I'm trying to actually get a chapter in.

I've got a question for you guys - Would you choose your best friend or boyfriend?

Personally, I think I would choose my boyfriend because I actually know him for longer. Plus, my best friend is kinda mean to people and I hate her attitude sometimes.

Oh well.

I'm a bad best friend but at least, I'm a good girlfriend.

Gabriella.