Wives and the Exotic

Present day in ancient Egypt

*Asim's POV

The crowd cheered my name. "Asim! Asim! Asim!" I sighed as I stood behind the curtain of the balcony. "Son, are you ready?" My mother asked. I smiled slightly at her. She was skinny and frail but still beautiful. She hugged me "I'm so proud of you. Your going to be a great Pharaoh." She whispered. I smirked as nodded "Thank you mother." My mom seemed saddened "She would be proud of you to." I looked down "Mother please I-" I stopped. My father came into view. He had aged but was still intimidating. "Father." I said bowing. He walked over and nodded "Son. Are you ready to see your people." He asked. I nodded and placed my crown on my head "Yes sire." He nodded "Then go then." I stood and the curtains pulled back. The people cheered and clapped. I sighed then stepped aside. My father raised his hands "My son Asim, heir to the throne has come of age. I pray his reign pleases the Gods!" He said. My father turned to me "Son, if you are to be Pharaoh you must have a Queen. You understand this son." He asked. I clenched my jaw "At one point in my life I had my queen, but she was taken from me. However, I know what is asked of me. I understand father." I said bowing. My father had a look of anger but nodded. I had no choice in the matter. It was time to meet the girls.

----

I sat in my seat. Women were lined up to see me. Each one was queen obsessed. "I love you Amis!!! I love you!!!" The last girl shouted. I sank in my seat and groaned. Those were all the girls. As I looked up I saw one woman. More of a young girl come in, but most of her face was covered. All except her Exotic blue eyes.