Time away

*Asim's POV

I felt like my head was going to explode. Father wanted me to get to know one of the other women, Samoa. She was very rude,hateful, and desperate. It seemed as if royalty was all she cared about. "My father is a merchant in town. We're all of pure blood so there is no disgusting Exotic blood in my family." I sighed and stood "I'm sorry Samoa, but I must be going. I think to go speak with my mother." I said walking off. "We all know your going to see Maat. It's no secret who your favorite is." She said. I turned to her "And what makes you say that?" I asked. She smiled slyly and came over to me "Don't think we all don't know. We know the doomed cherished friendship young prince Asim shared with and exotic those years ago." I clenched my jaw and stood my ground. "Did it pain you Asim? Did it pain you to fall for your childhood crush then to watch her be ripped from you and left to die?!" She snapped. I jerked away from her "Just to let you know. I would pick a thousand exotic women over you. You will never be queen." I hissed. Samoa smiled "Watch me." I shook my head and walked out of the room. Once in the hallway I went down the stairs. Now the I was outside I went into the royal garden. Slowly I took my crown off. Looking at my reflection I sneered. I tossed it to the ground and crouched down letting out a scream. I sat down and put my head in my hands. I bit my lip and a tear slipped out. While I was sitting out there for about an hour I sat up. The moon was full and the night air cold. I smiled remembering how Malbi and I would sit out here in the garden.
(9 years earlier)

Malbi giggled as we both sat at the fountain. I smiled and took out a small chisel. "Here.." I said. Quickly I drew two small carvings of a boy as girl holding hands. "Asim, we'll always be best friends forever. Right?" Malbi asked. I smiled as nodded "Definitely." I hugged her then we both did our pinky swear.

(Present ancient Egypt.)

"Prince Asim?" Came a small voice. I turned to see Maat wearing a green dress and face cover. "May I sit?" She asked. I nodded and gestured to the seat next to me. Quietly she sat next to me. Both of us then looked up at the stars. "Beautiful night isn't it?" I asked. Maat nodded "Yes it is." I sighed "You know...I can remember a few years ago...an old friend of mine and I sat in this exact spot. We shared everything together. We even drew this." I said pointing to the small carving on the fountain. Maat's eyes crinkled as if she were smiling. "What do you remember her being like?" She asked. I smiled "She was kind, shy, gentle, maybe a little sassy....um....words can't really describe her. She was just amazing." I said. "Why are you telling me all of this?" Maat asked. I smiled "Because you remind me of her." I said looking into her blue eyes. Maat looked down "What happened to her?" She asked. I looked down "She died...my father killed her because of the color of her eyes and how she believed, but mainly because he knew she was my best friend." I replied. Maat rested her hand on my shoulder"Did you love her?" She asked. I kept my eyes on Maat and came closer "Yes, I did love her...and I still do." I said. Maat then came closer "I believe...that she loved you, and she still does." I swallowed and looked into Maat's eyes. Reached my hand up I stroked her cheek. Her eyes crinkled as she seemed to smile. I smirked "Can I not see that beautiful smile?" Maat touched my hand "Maybe some day." I smiled and held onto her hand. Then I stood "Goodnight Maat." I replied. Softly I placed a kiss on her forehead. Then I smiled and walked away back into the palace.