4. Hurt

*Hayley*

My eyes grew wide and I was smiling ear to ear when I came face to face with the person that I really needed the most.

"Dylan? What are you doing here? Oh my god," I said excitedly before giving him the tightest hug you could ever give a person. He placed his chin on top of my head and hugged me back.

"My parents came over because they said that they had family here and they had some family reunion and it just happened to be in Sydney," he replied with a huge grin on his face.

"Wait, but how did you get my address?" I questioned. How did he get my address?

"I got it from Ashton. Since you knew him, I figured you told him your address so I just called him and apparently you guys are neighbors," he explained.

"Yep we are. How long are you staying here?" I asked him. Hopefully it wasn't for only a day.

"Okay, don't get too upset when I tell you this," he said with a pout.

"Okay, I guess I'll try," I replied. If it was for a day I'm pretty sure I'd be pretty upset.

"I'm staying for a whole month," he said with a smile.

"Dill, for fucks sake, do you know how scared you made me? I thought you were only staying for a day! But that's great, where are you guys staying?" I asked him with excitement in my voice.

"My mom was saying that she's just going to be staying with my aunt, but she said that if I wanted I could stay with you," he replied, his smile getting bigger than it already was.

"Dill, why didn't you tell me this over the phone?" I said with a laugh.

"Because I wanted to surprise you! You know I love my Hayles," he added before messing up my hair.

Our conversation was interrupted when my phone vibrated in my back pocket.

Mum - Honey, I'm so sorry, but I'll be gone for a week because of a business trip to the UK. I heard Dylan came to visit, so you guys will be fine at the house. Just don't break anything and don't throw any parties. Love you, see you soon xx

I read the text aloud and my smile turned into a frown. She didn't even say bye? I had a feeling that she already knew this was going to happen, because she probably packed her stuff this morning and brought it with her to work.

"Hayles, love, I'm sorry," he said before running his fingers through my hair.

"It's okay, Dill, I'm used to it," I replied before giving him a fake smile.

"But hey, let's look on the bright side. We'll have the house all to ourselves!" He exclaimed, trying to cheer me up.

"Yeah, that's true," I said.

I noticed that we were still standing in the doorway and that he had about two luggages along with a backpack.

"Hey, you should probably come in now," I told him with a chuckle.

"Oh yeah, huh," he said, laughing along with me.

Dylan brought all of his bags to our guest room upstairs before we went into my room.

"Your house is nice," he told me with a smile. This boy smiles a lot.

"Yeah, it was given to us by my mum's company, and they payed for everything," I explained. I always thought they did this as an act of sympathy, but mum always tried to explain to me that it just came along with the package.

"Oh, that's cool," he said before flopping face down onto my bed.

"Your bed is comfortable. Can I just sleep here while you sleep on the floor," he said, his voice a little muffled because it was stuffed into a pillow.