19. In Too Deep

*Hayley's POV*

My vision gets blurry, and it feels like my head is turning.

Am I dreaming? Luke kissed a girl right in front of my face when he knew I was watching.

Why would he do that?

"Hayley, let's go," Michael says from behind me, trying to pull me from watching.

Tears start streaming down my face before I run to Luke.

"You dumbass! You've never actually liked me, huh? You just tried to play with me like they all do," I cry, pushing him.

I fall to my knees, placing my head in my hands. I sob harder, my body shaking violently.

"You're just like the rest of them," I shake my head, crying even harder.

I look up to see Emily walking away with Ashton slung over her shoulder. Luke was still standing in front of me, looking down at me.

"Hayley, I–"

"Don't bother," I manage to choke out through my tears.

"But Hayley–"

"Shut up! Shut up, shut up, shut up!" I scream, shaking my head again.

"Hayley, just please liste–"

"No! Why should I listen to someone who broke my heart like everyone else?" I yell, standing up and turning on my heel to walk away.

"It's not like you didn't break mine."

I turn around before screaming, "I didn't even do anything to you!"

"Then tell me why Ashton said you two have been hooking up behind my back. Huh? Explain that!" He yells back at me, walking closer.

"What the fuck are you talking about? Ashton and I never hooked up!" I shout in response, walking backwards.

"Oh don't give me shit, Hayley. I know you've always liked Ashton!"

"Then why'd you even bother asking me to be your girlfriend if you thought that?!" I ask angrily.

"Yeah, I regret that. You're just an inconsiderate slut that throws herself at every guy she sees. I really shouldn't have given you a second look in that alley. I can't believe you," Luke says before turning around and starting to walk away.

I stand there, not knowing what to say. I can't believe him. He called me a slut?

I don't bother to say anything else, I just watch him walk away.

Why can't I have a normal boyfriend? Why do I always screw everything up?

He's right. I'm just a slut that doesn't think about anyone else but myself.

"Hayley!" I hear Michael shout from behind me.

I fall onto the ground again, bringing my knees up to my chest.

"Hayley, are you okay? What happened?" Michael kneels down, placing his hand on my back.

I don't answer.

"Hayley, please answer me. I know we don't talk a lot, but you have to tell me what happened," he says again, sitting in front of me.

I look up slightly before pushing my head into my knees again.

"Alright. I'll call Calum. We have to get you home," Michael says before kissing the top of my head and walking back to the entrance of the beach.

I feel Michael and Calum pull my arms up, dragging me to their car.