14. Try

A/N: This chapter's going to be longer than usual ;)

*Luke's POV*

"Shit."

"Run, Hayley," I whispered, pushing her away from me and towards the exit.

"But what about you?" She asked, slowly walking back towards me.

"Just go! Don't worry about me!" I replied, walking towards the men near the lake.

"Hey! Don't fucking move! Especially you!" The man in black yelled, pointing at Hayley, who was slowly moving backwards.

"Just go Hayley! I don't want you getting hurt!" I screamed back.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO FUCKING MOVE!" The man yelled again, his voice a lot louder than the first time.

I started running towards him.

"Luke! No, stop!" I could hear Hayley yell from behind me.

"I told you to run!" I screamed back, charging at the man.

"Luke, you don't want to do this," He said calmly, putting his hands out. How'd he know my name? His voice seemed very familiar, but I just can't think of the name.

"What do you want from us? Why are you eavesdropping on our conversation?" I questioned him, slowing my pace, but keeping an intimidating frame.

I looked behind me to check if Hayley left. I didn't see her anymore. Good.

"That shouldn't matter. I need you to give me some information," he answered as the other two men were walking behind him.

"And why should I give you information? I don't even know who you are," I said, stopping once I was close enough to him.

"Oh but you do know me," he replied.

I tried really hard to think of someone with that voice. It's just not ringing a bell.

"Oh, come on. You know who I am," The man replied, rolling his eyes. His eyes were green.

Nick.

============
*Hayley's POV*

When Luke told me to run, it was like my heart stopped. He was putting himself in danger. To prevent me from getting hurt.

I didn't actually run all the way to the exit, I hid behind a tree. I couldn't really make out what they were saying because they were so far, but I tried to get as much as I could.

"Nick, what the actual fuck? What do you want from us?" I heard Luke ask. Nick? What's he doing creeping on our conversation?

"I don't want anything from you," Nick replied.

"Then why the fuck are you trying to listen to our conversation?!" Luke yelled.

"I'm trying to find things out for someone else."

"I'm not telling you anything until you tell me who's telling you to do this."

"Oh, Luke. Are you really that stupid? Come on, just think. Who else would care about you going around messing with Hayley? I know you kissed her," Nick replied, his voice getting closer. Crap.

"What? Is it Dylan? How the fuck did you know that I kissed her?" Luke answered, his voice getting closer as well. Shit, I need to move. They might see me.

"One, it's not Dylan. I understand why you'd think that but it's still not him. And two, come on. Almost everyone knows you kissed her. Why'd you even do it? I thought you told me you hated her." I thought he said he doesn't hate me anymore??