20. Together

*Hayley's POV*

Michael brought me up to my room while Calum left to talk to Luke.

"Hey, you good?" Michael asks me as I lay on my bed and get under the covers.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I reply, sitting up and grabbing my phone from the nightstand.

I scroll through the messages on my phone. None from Luke.

None of the texts are that important so I turn off my phone and look at Michael.

"You can go now," I say, looking down at my fingers that were rested on my lap.

"Are you sure you don't need anything?" Michael says from the corner of my room.

"I'm sure. Thanks, Michael."

Michael starts walking over to me. He reaches out to touch my forehead.

"You're kind of warm. You're also really pale. Are you sure you don't need any tea or something like that?" He asks.

"It's fine. I'll just have my mom make some for me once she gets home," I reply, smiling slightly.

"Alright. Just call me if you need anything alright?"

"Okay."

Michael leans forward to kiss my forehead but trips on something. I don't know how, but his lips are on mine after he trips.

Suddenly, my bedroom door opens, only to reveal the one person that I really didn't need here.

Luke.

=========

Michael left soon after Luke rushed out.

I've been in my bedroom for the past three hours, doing nothing.

"Sweetheart? Luke's been sitting on the patio for quite a while now. Are you sure you don't want to talk to him? He said he's not going to leave until he can talk to you," my mom says through the door.

"I'm sure mom. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone," I reply, sinking under the covers.

"Okay. I'm going to let him in and talk to him if that's okay. He seems really sure of not leaving and I don't want him to be uncomfortable outside."

I hear her footsteps walk further away from my door.

I started thinking about everything that's happened.

I thought things were finally settling down and getting better the week I was dating Luke. Nothing drama related was happening.

But why did it have to happen the day he asked me to be his girlfriend? This is always how it happens. The day something really important happens, it gets ruined because of some shitty drama that I have to get pulled into or I'm a part of.

There's a faint knock on my door before the familiar voice speaks up, "Hayley."

I don't answer.

"Please," he pleads, knocking again.

He stops talking, giving up. I didn't hear his footsteps walk away though.

I stop worrying about Luke as I slowly fall asleep.

=============

My eyes open, my room extremely dark. I check the time on my phone. 4:23 am.

I get up from my bed, walking to the door to get a glass of water from the kitchen.

I open the door, only to trip on something that felt like a foot.

"Ow," I groan as I fall on the floor.