8. Fall

*Hayley*

I ran. I ran as far as I could possibly go, hoping Luke didn't follow me. And he didn't.

I found myself at a small enclosing in the forest, where there was a beautiful waterfall and a small lake. The trees opened up a bit so that when you laid down, you could see the stars and the sky.

I decided to lie down on the grass. It was only 5, and no one would be home when I went back, so it doesn't matter if I stay here for hours. I laid there on the grass for God knows how long, before I decided to do something else. I remembered I brought my guitar, so I started to practice the song I had to perform this Wednesday.

I was told to pick a song that means a lot to me, and one that I would pour my heart into singing, so there was only one real song that I knew I could do that with.

I sat up and grabbed my guitar from out of its case before sitting on the curb of the large rock that hung over the small lake. I placed the guitar in my lap and tuned it so that it was correct.

I started to play the chords, and waited for the cue to start singing. Once it came, I started singing the first verse.

My ship went down
In a sea of sound
When I woke up alone I had everything:
A handful of moments I wished I could change
And a tongue like a nightmare that cut like a blade.

In a city of fools,
I was careful and cool,
But they tore me apart like a hurricane...
A handful of moments I wished I could change
But I was carried away.

Give me therapy.
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can keep all your misery.

My lungs gave out
As I faced the crowd.
I think that keeping this up could be dangerous.
I'm flesh and bone,
I'm a rolling stone
And the experts say I'm delirious.

Give me therapy.
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can take back your misery.

Arrogant boy,
Love yourself so no one has to.
They're better off without you.
(They're better off without you.)

Arrogant boy,
Cause a scene like you're supposed to.
They'll fall asleep without you.
You're lucky if your memory remains.

Give me therapy.
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can take back your misery.

Therapy...
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can choke on your misery.

I finished off the song with a sigh and sat there and closed my eyes.

"You know, you really should've told me you were into All Time Low," I heard his voice come from behind me.

I turned around and my eyes met those bright blue eyes that always brought butterflies to my stomach by just looking at them. What am I saying?

I looked down at his hands and noticed it starting to swell and bruise.

"W-What's wrong with your hand?" I said, before pointing down at it.

"O-Oh, that's nothing, I just dropped a frame onto the knuckles," he said and hid hands behind his back.