Chapter Eight, This is War

I have a confession to make.... This post is up later than planned because I kept watching InuYasha....

Hello everyone! I'm glad to see you all again. (: first and foremost thank you to the people who have read and voted for this story, it really means a lot! Second of all I have ANOTHER STORY I have posted called "Twins of Separate Blood" and it would be awesome if you would check it out (: it is a Hetalia Fanfiction that's based off the story behind the song "The Witch and the Saint" (I'm a bit of a music enthusiast if you couldn't tell.)
Personally, "This is War," is one of my favorite songs, and if you listen to it, I hope you enjoy it. I'm going to try to squeeze in a few more updates than normal before school actually starts, no promises though.
-I own NOTHING... Except the plot, Mr. Williamson, and Morgan.
-Let me know what I can make better
-SEND ME SONG REQUESTS! You'll get a feature at the end of the story if I use it!
-As always, enjoy!

~A warning to the people, the good and the evil, this is war~

"You're getting better all the time. Now remember to avoid soda, and don't go too heavy on the dairy products, it messes with your vocals." Author reminded me after my vocal lesson for the day. He flashed me a smile, "you have a beautiful voice, I hope you know that."

"I-uh-suppose," I said nervously while looking at the floor slightly. "I'm still not too sure about going on stage in front of a lot of people. I'm scared I'll have a panic attack or something. And it's only a few days away now, it's coming too fast!" Yup, a month has already come and gone and the dreaded day of the talent show was coming up.

Through out this month I have been practicing my vocals in the choir room after school, trying to get my voice to go higher lower pitches and perfecting my (actually Author's) song choice. Not to mention throughout the month Francis has been acting very different from normal. Yes, he would still tease me, harass me, and on an occasion to some physical harm, but not to the normal extent. He also stopped going out of his way the bully me like he normally does, just whenever I bump into him in the hall. In fact, it almost seemed like he was avoiding me. It seemed like he just wants me out of his life, but I don't plan to let him off the hook that easy. He put me through hell, and he's going to pay.

Author sighed as he sat down on the ground. "Come, (F/N), sit by me," he said as he patted the spot by him. I sat down and stared at him with interest of what he was going to say. "You see, I was like you at one point. The first few times I preformed, it scared the living daylights out of me. However, the more I did it, the more I enjoyed it."

"Who says I'm going to keep preforming?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Nobody, but the point in this is to get you more comfortable in other situation. If you can conquer your fears by getting on that stage and giving it your all, you can do anything."

"I suppose your right," I said while looking at the ground. "Hey, Author," I said looking back to him. "Why exactly did you get into music and preforming?" I asked curiously.

"Oh.... That." His voice became a bit lower and he looked away slightly. "It's a bit of a long story love. Let just say it helped me get over some of my person problems."

"Oh... Okay." I better not ask anymore questions

"Well then, that's all for today, I'll see you tomorrow then." He stood up and made his way towards the door. "Oh, and I wouldn't worry too much about the crowd. From what I understand the crowd doesn't tend to be very big at this show." And with that he left.

I sighed as he left me alone with my thoughts. I paced around the room with my hands behind my head. I'm going to need some kind of magic to get through the performance. I've never dreamed of doing anything like this in my life. I just wanted to get through high school and carry on with a quiet life. Not get on stage in front of a crowd of people and sing.