Chapter twelve

It was two days after the shopping trip, our hearts were still low, depression was as suffocating as the stone walls in the castle.

Today was the day we tell Harry he is going to be a father. Amelia had been trying to enjoy the two days with us.
We were going on and on about little Mina.
We wanted to be excited for just a few days without Harry interfering.
Little Mina certainly came at the right time, she was a good distraction from the lonely environment.

" I'm so nervous..." Amelia murmured. All three of us, were standing outside of Harry's door. We were staring at the dark wood, savoring the last few moments before one of us opened it.

" Don't worry, no matter what happens, the child will not end up like Harry. "
Roma swore. I nodded confidently, at Amelia. She smiled a small smile, thankful for our support. I put my hand on her back, rubbing soothingly , she looked at Roma and I at her side.

" I don't know what I would do with out you two." She sighed, returning her eyes back at the door. We all breathed out in unison, Roma reached for the handle, pushing open Harry's door.

We walked in quietly, our eyes meeting Harry's. He was sitting in his usual arm chair, looking at us in a way that said, now what?

" Yes?" He drew out. Switching his eyes between the three of us. Amelia cleared her throat.

" Darling, we have wonderful news. "
Amelia smiled her striking smile. Her strikingly fake smile. She was terrified.
    Her knees began shaking ever so subtly. Harry began tapping his foot, he was so impatient.

" Spit it out one of you!" He demanded.
Amelia was frozen, staring at him.
I came in to her rescue, " Amelia is pregnant."
I saw her flinch a little at my words, Harry stopped tapping his foot. His expression didn't change, his eyes didn't even blink at the news of fatherhood.

" Finally, for a while there I thought all of you were useless." He said monotonous. My breathing hitched, he isn't even excited? The news of his first child is boring to him? I'm his wife, and I'm useless to him until I'm pregnant? Roma is useless? Amelia was useless, until she became pregnant with his baby, the one he's not even acknowledging!

" Aren't you happy for her? Aren't you excited that your going to be a fath-" I began. Harry cut me off.

" Why would I be? When my son is born, the only thing I want to do with him is his name. My father did the same to me. So why should I be excited?" He spat.
I was stunned at him, how? What? The Queen said King Harold was a wonderful father, that they were once very close!
    Why should his relationship with his father, impact the one with his baby? I became furious, Amelia rubbed her belly. She was heart broken. Roma hugged her, trying to comfort her.

   I took a step forward, my judgement was starting to slip away from me, and fury was taking over.

" You should be excited because, your wife is having your baby. Your father has nothing to do with how you decide to be apart of this child's life!" I spat. Harry stood out of his chair, he walked over to me. He was a few inches from my face, his expression showed anger.
But I didn't care, so did mine.

  " Who do you think you are talking to?
Do I need to remind you what a broken rib feels like? " He threatened. His hot breath fanned my face. I didn't even flinch.

" Yes. And while you're at it, tell me:
Does threatening to beat your wife feel better without General Griffin here?" I hissed. His eyes widened. Amelia and Roma were silent. Not daring to move or speak.

" How much did he tell you? " he acted calm, but panic arose in his eyes.
Griffin hadn't told me anything, but I wasn't going to let him know that.