Chapter eight

~~ 4 months later~~

There has been an improvement in Harry's treatment towards us. He visits at least one of us most nights. I be sure to do what he wants, the visits aren't as painful anymore, but it's always boring. It feels like I'm at home doing chores when I'm with Harry. I've never done it with Griffin, but when I'm with him it's like I'm not a prisoner in this castle. He knows what I want and does every thing he can to give it too me. Harry isn't the same, he hasn't given me anything but mercy from a beating. The nights he isn't with me or with all three of us, then I'm with Griffin.

I have to sneak over to his chamber, we can't go to mine because Harry is so close. Griffin is very careful, he always makes sure we wait till Harry is for sure with Amelia or Roma.

I think, no, I know that I'm falling deeply in love with him. We don't fool around every time I'm with him, we talk a lot too . I miss him every time he is gone for work, there has been a little bit of tension with our enemy country Bedlok. Apparently there has been rumors of another invasion, but Griffin says it is highly unlikely. I know he has it under control, I will never doubt him.

Today the queen invited me for breakfast with her alone. She said that this was long overdue. I was nervous for breakfast, for over the course of these four months we've only engaged in small talk.

I put on a new gown I had received a few weeks ago from Norma, the woman who had made my wedding dress. I like Norma she was very kind, her skills were truly immaculate.
Roberta helped me get ready, she had become my main servant. I wouldn't want anyone else but her. She is the only one who knows about Griffin and I besides Roma and Amelia. She is very intelligent, she thinks that I will be pregnant soon in this year.

" I know it my lady! I can feel it in my bones!" She smiled at me while she brushed my hair.

I laughed at her, " I'm not saying it won't happen, but what makes you so sure?" Roberta gave me a funny look.

" I believe the Gods will grant you a child from the right man. " Roberta braided my hair, her fingers nimble and quick. I was silent for a while.

" Whatever happens I hope the child will live happily with me... and my husband." I think Harry would be an awful father. He is selfish, and only praises himself. Having a child wouldn't change him.

" All done my lady. " Roberta said.

I thanked her, and she led me to the garden. There was a dining set out there, for outside parties, or just lounging. There is many decorative flowers, and plants. I loved it out there, I hoped that one day me and Griffin could spend time out here. But of course I didn't get my hopes up.

I saw the queen sitting at a table, her strawberry blonde hair was lovely on this early morning spring day.
She saw me approaching, a sweet smile played on her lips.

" Good morning Ailani, I'm so thrilled we finally arranged this. " she smiled at me.

" As well as I your majesty." I smiled at her, sitting across from her. Servants immediately brought out tea. We sipped on it, not sure how to start the conversation. The queen broke the silence.

" How is your relationship with Harry? You two seem to be getting used to each other well..." she peered up at me.
I swallowed the tea quickly, clearing my throat to answer her.

" Yes, it's been an unusual experience for me, but it has been pleasant so far." It hasn't exactly been pleasant, more tolerant. She nodded her head, I think she was doubting my answer.

" You were hurt for a while...just after the wedding, am I right?" Her words were carefully said. Did she suspect Harry?

" Yes..I broke a rib. " I wasn't sure what else to say. This was her son after all.