Prologue

"Mom! I'm home!" My voice echoed off of the walls of my home a I opened the door. No answer came.

"Mom?" I asked, as I walked around. My feet and body weight made the floor boards creek.

I continued to look around for my mother, searching every room in the house. I began to panic. Mom isn't suppose to be moving around and she's not answering me.

I took out my phone and began dialing her number. I walked around the house as it rang. Then it went to voice mail, 'Sorry I can't be on the phone now, but if you need me call my daughter at xxx-xxx-xxxx.'

My heart hammered in my chest, my breathing picking up. I tried calling her again, only to hear rings coming from her room. I bit my lip, looking into her room. I gasped at what I saw.

Her bed was messy, broken glass hung everywhere. Her phone lain on the floor by the broken window. I fell to the floor on my knees, sobs escaping my mouth.

I ended the call of my phone, calling a new number. I called the police. Once the picked up I was a crying mess.

"Yes, state your emergency." The person spoke calmly.

"Yes, I think something happened to my mom. She's suppose be in bed sick but she's not at home. I called her but when I went to her room I found her phone on the ground by a broken window. Her room is a mess." I said in between sobs.

"Please stay calm, we're sending people right now." And at that the call ended.

I went to my living room and sat on my couch. I cried and cried, what happened to my mom?

~•~

"Do you have anywhere else to stay? A relative or a friend's house?" One of the officers asked me.

I stared blankly at him and simply nodded. I could go to my boyfriend, Natsu Dragneel's house. I'm always welcomed there, plus he gave me a spare key.

I went to my room and packed me a bag full of everything I'll need. I made sure I had my phone before walking out.

I walked on the streets calling Natsu to tell him I was coming, but he didn't answer. Maybe he was asleep.

Arriving at Natsu's house, I knocked on the door. No answer. Yep, he's probably asleep. Good thing I broke him his favorite food, I'll use it as a surprise. I took out the keys and unlicked the door.

I was met by Natsu's blue Persian cat, Happy. I pet his head for a minute before looking for Natsu. I paused for a moment, seeing women's clothes spread about the floor. I then heard the sounds of moans and grunts.

My eyes widened as I opened the door to Natsu's room. There on his bed was Natsu having sex with the school's slut, Lucy Heartifilia. I let out a gasp, my boyfriend of 3 years was cheating on me with her!?!?

"N-Natsu?!?!" I screamed, new tears falling from my face.

Natsu instantly jumped from his position, turning toward my voice, "Shit, (Y/N), it's not what it looks like-"

I didn't let him finish as I slammed the good down, with his spare key, and stormed out of his house.

I cried harder as I ran into the night, why is everything bad happening to me?!?

~•~

I ended up sleeping at my friend, Yukino's house. I woke up the next day with Yukino, heading to school.

As I arrived I wasn't greeted like I usually was. Instead of bright smiles I was laughed at. The gossip about Lucy and Natsu was already heard.

I kept my head low, accidentally bumping into someone. I looked up seeing the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen that attached to a truly attractive face.

"Hey, watch it." He growled, pushing me down and walking away.

So this is how reality really is, harsh.