Chapter 6 | Part 3

“Dad, it was seriously no big deal! I took care of it.”

“Yes you most certainly did Jayda.”

The doctor looked up from his pacing to face his daughter.

“But what if you didn’t have such good reflexes? I wouldn't have a daughter anymore! Jay, that is exactly why I bought you that slave, he’s supposed to keep you from harm.”

“He’s scared to be near me. And rightfully so! He shouldn’t be close to his mistress, me or anyone else!”

“But you need the protection. Jayda, it’s either let him protect you, or I hire guards to do it.”

“Fine, speaking of the lazy little waste of skin where is he?”

*

I made my way to the loft above the stables as soon as we arrived home, I had laid on the bed for a couple of minutes before I heard a knock on the door.

I opened it to find Lilli, beautiful blonde hair and big brown eyes waiting for me. She was showing me through the woods when she first grabbed my hand.

I had never held hands before, nobody had ever cared for me like that, I liked it.  

We continued walking and reached the edge of the trees, where a cliff dropped off, overlooking the most beautiful scene I have ever beheld.

“See that over there, that’s the border.”

She pointed to a place a little ways off where two building were set up, and guards patrolled the area.

“I’ve never seen one before,”

I admitted.

“You haven’t seen a lot of things, have you?”

“No, I haven’t been anywhere constantly, never more than 6 months, one I wasn’t even there a full day. I’ve just spent all my time trying to fit in wherever I was, but I couldn’t try to enjoy anything.”

Lilli pulled my hand and we moved over to a bench overlooking the scenery.

“You never fit in? Never even tried to enjoy your life?”

“No, I spent so much time trying to do things right so I wouldn’t get hit, of course it didn’t work, but-”

My voice trailed off as Lilli put her hand on my cheek, moving my face to look into hers.

“Well you’ll fit in here, and enjoy it too.”

She leaned forward and our lips met, I kissed her, and she kissed me back it felt like we had entered a world of our own where we had no responsibilities or obligations, but suddenly we heard clapping coming from the world we really lived in.

We pulled away from each other, I dropped her hand as I saw my mistress standing a few feet away.

“Charming you two.”

I stood,

“Mistress it’s-” she cut me off,

“Save it. Lilli, get out of here.”

Lilli stood and ran down the path, looking over her shoulder at me, I waved her on and turned to face my mistress.

“I didn’t-”

“Just stop!”

She whispered, suddenly she was right in front of me, I realized that we were exactly the same height, and that her eyes showed her fury.

I looked down to see her right hand begin to emit shocks that spiraled around it, her voltage.  Fear coarsed through my veins.  Of all the homes I had ever served in, I had never seen a royal before, and I was shaking in fear.

Before I knew it her hand came into contact with my the side of my head as she grabbed my hair.

Next thing I knew, I was on the ground, senseless.

*