Chapter 4

I hid inside my closet until all of a sudden I hear footsteps getting closer and closer. "Sky I see u left your front door open" His voice cracked. I felt like my heart was about to stop.

The light below me showed 2 feet. As soon as I saw that I fell back into my laundry basket. He opened the door. He held his hand out. I stood there with my eyes closed until I grabbed his hand and for a second I immediately felt a spark. I pulled my hand away.

"Were you trying to make me come in your house or?" He chuckled. I knew he wouldn't do anything Come on his 16. "Um... No my brother left the door open" I looked away. Ive always been afraid to look at someone in the eyes.

Dakotas POV

"So you're alone?... Well let's do something like Netflix and chill?..." Yes I know I'm the definition of a fuckboy. I knew since I stepped in this wasn't a proper way to say hi. She stood there not speaking a word. Definitely not starting with Netflix and chill I guess. I'll save that for later.

When I stepped in I saw so many pictures of sky and her family. On one of them sky looked remotely sad. I felt bad and tried to look for her and when I touched her hand I felt something that I've never felt. I just thought it was an electric shock or something. I was definitely not going to fall in love.

I'm just a kid right? I might sound like a jerk but this girl needs some help right now. I was going to make her like me.

Sky's POV

He didn't really say anything but give me suggestions on what to do. Asking me if he wanted to Netflix and chill was kind of a fuckboy move but I don't think he meant it by that way.. Or maybe he did? I have no clue.

I left my phone in the restroom. "Um I'm gonna go to the restroom just don't touch anything. I came in the restroom and saw a box on the floor and written on it said 'Sky's things' and I then just remembered I boxed some blades that I couldn't leave back home.

I had an urge until my thoughts were interrupted by Dakota knocking on the door. "I hope you know that I wasn't really gonna do anything just saying" why is he still in my house. I got out of the restroom.

Dakota was determined to talk to me until I got a text from Bryce and I remembered all of the bad things Dakota has done. Instead of flashing out on him I decided to ask him and see if he deserves to even look at me.

"Dakota why do you bully people and make them feel bad about themselves?" I tried so hard not to sound rude. He made a slight pause. "I don't know how to set up a different look for myself but when ever I try to change Im afraid Ill get judged for it" He tugged on his hoodie.

"How do I know your just not lying to me and making yourself look innocent?" I asked honestly.

"You hurt one of my best friends and honestly I don't think no one would ever want to date someone like that" I added as he began to form a frown.

"I don't want to be like that I want to be more.. Human I want to be normal I know how it feels like to be one of those kids who gets bullied and I guess I wanted other to feel my pain instead" He shed a tear and I began to feel guilty not just for him... for me as well.

"Dakota Im sure everyones been there but it wont matter when you grow up" I gave him an insuring smile.

Dakotas POV

"Thank you" I tell sky. Im not acting at this point Im telling her full on truth. Shes different but I don't know if I can actually change. Hopefully Im not going to fall in love again it'll just leave me in a bigger hole than what I am already in.

"Dakota can you promise me one thing?" she asked as I tried staring into her brown shiny eyes. "mhm?" I mumble as I was far to tired to even keep up with conversation anymore.

"Stop hurting yourself its not worth it" She calmly said. How'd she know?