twenty four ; unplanned

michael's pov //

8:30 p.m.

"I can't believe I let you guys convince me to do this" I said staring at the tickets as Calum pulled into the parking lot and shut off the engine. There was a long line of people lined up outside of the venue and more and more kept piling on by the minute.

"Mike, would you chill out, it's only a concert" Calum said sternly pulling the keys out of the engine and opening the car door "What are you so worried about anyways, you're married remember?"

Calum and Luke had scored tickets to watch the last show of The Laced's first tour which just so happened to be here in LA, and they thought it would be a good guys night out if we all went out and enjoyed some quality music. I had some hesitations about the whole thing but somehow they convinced me to go out with them tonight. It may have taken a couple of old beers and a bag full of 99 cents tacos but they convinced me. I hadn't seen Frankie in a year but from what I can tell from the news articles, she's doing pretty well for herself.

"Yeah and plus she's dating the drummer" Luke put in, jumping out the car, us following behind him.

"Yeah, I know that idiot, but I just have a feeling it's a bad idea"

"You don't still have feelings for her, do you?" Calum raised his eyebrows.

"No of course not, I love Dannie and I'm perfectly happy with out life together"

"Then why are you bugging?"

I stayed quiet.

Why was I freaking out? It was just a concert of an old friend, who probably won't even spot us out of the hundreds of people already filling the venue. Besides the last time I saw her she made it clear- there was no longer an us.

I had Dannie and that's all I needed.

"You're right, I'm cool lets just enjoy the music yeah?"

"That's the spirit lad!" Luke laughed patting me on the back.

9:02 p.m.

By the time we reached the venue doors, the majority of the crowd had already migrated inside leaving us with the view of the back row, but still it gave us some room to rock out and dance and actually breathe.

seven hours later//

4:02 a.m.

I laid down in the motel bed motionless, my heart was at a steady rate but at the same time my mind was spinning like I had just gotten off the tea cup ride at Disneyland. I pulled the sheets up to my face, biting down my tongue as I fought my head not to look next to me.

It all happened in a messy blur, I didn't expect it to happen the way it did or that it would actually happen.

Neither of us did.

"Frankie" I whispered into the dark motel room, the only light came from the neon sign outside.

No response.

"Frankie"

No response.

"Frankie"

Nothing again.

I finally got the courage to turn over and look at her. Fuck why did I do that?

She looks effortlessly mesmerizing and breath taking.

She laid quietly next to me, her back turned and exposed as the neon lights lined the trailing of her curves, her hair blissfully cascading up on the pillow her head rested on. Her breathing was soft and slow so I knew she had already fallen asleep.