Chapter 7: Monday

BEEP.
BEEP.
BEEP.

I pressed snooze for the third time. Get your lazy ass up Ronny or you'll be late.
Just this one last time. Okay okay. I closed my eyes and drifted back to sleep.

"RONNY! Get up." I felt a cold hand smacking me in the face.

"What?? Damn." I groaned, half sleep.

"Get up and get ready. We gotta go to school today." Ryan said.

I groaned and opened my eyes to see her fully dressed. I got up and headed for the shower.

After getting dressed, I headed into the kitchen. Ryan was eating Captain Crunch and watching SpongeBob in the living room. I peeled an orange and ate that and grabbed my keys and backpack.

"Let's go Ryan." I looked at my watch. If we didn't hurry, we'd both be late.
Ryan turned off the tv, put her bowl in the sink, grabbed her backpack and we were out.

I sped to Ryan's elementary school.

"Ight, have a good day. Love you." I said to Ryan as she got out the car.

"Bye, love you too." She replied and ran into the school.

I drove around the block to my school, got out and locked the car. Nobody was outside, which meant I was late. Oh well.

I took my time getting into class, I mean I was already late so what's the point of rushing?

As soon as I walked into Ms. Jackson's class, all eyes were on me.

"Glad you decided to join us today Ronny. Take a seat next to your partner."

I did as told and sat next to Candace.

"Hey Candace." I spoke.

"Hey." She dug into her backpack and got the work for Mr. Ortiz's class and handed it to me. "Here."

"I already did it on Saturday like I told you I would."
Candace didn't respond, she just put her work back into her backpack and returned her attention to the front.

"Alright guys, do we remember the assignment we are supposed to start today?"

"Yes" everyone replied.

"Okay, now like I said on Friday, everyone will not get one of these." Ms. Jackson pulled out a box full of white baby dolls.

"Umm.. Ms. Jackson, do you have any black babies? Cause I'm not tryna walk around the school with some white blue eyed doll." Tim said.

"Actually I do." She said pulling out another box. She randomly passed them out to some people. She passed Candace and I up. Thank God.

After everyone got babies, Ms. Jackson started assigning careers.

"Tiana, you're a cosmetologist."

"Yass, that's my dream job." Tiana clapped excitedly.

"Jake, you're a stay at home father."
Jake shook his head. "Nah nah nah. That ain't gon work. Tiana supposed to be at home taking care of the kids, not me."

"Shut up jake, you sound like a fucking dead beat. If you don't wanna take care of your child I don't have no problem getting no child support." Tiana argued, popping her gum.

Jake smacked his lips. "Man Tiana if you don't shut yo-"
"Okay, that's enough you two. Tim, you're a garbage man and-"

Tim stood up quick and put his hand on his hip. "No ma'am I am not. Does it look like I pick up trash to you? Ima need a new job cause I don't like that. That is so disrespectful Ms. Jackson."