Chapter 15: Recap

I headed to Granny's house. I was in a good mood, even though things went sour with Candace. I fucked twice and got some head. Can't get any better than that.

I knocked on the door.

"Come in." I heard my granny say.

I went inside and sat on the couch.

"Goodmorning Ronald. You want some pancakes?" My grandma smiled.

"Morning granny. I'll take a few." I replied.

She made me a plate as I moved to the table in the kitchen. Then I spotted my mother.

"Hey Ronny." She spoke.

"Hey." I nodded. "It smells good in here. What else you cook Granny?"

"Actually, your mother cooked breakfast this morning."

"Oh." I glanced at my watch. "I don't think I'll have enough time to eat."

"As long as you get a bite." My mother smiled. "I made the eggs just like you like them. Extra cheesy."

"Thanks, but no thanks. We gotta get going. Ryan!"

Ryan came running down the steps. "What? Ooo, what smells so good."

"I cooked breakfast this morning baby." My mom placed a plate for Ryan on the table. "Sit down and eat. Both of you."

I scoffed. "Oh so now you giving orders?"

"Sit your behind down in that chair boy and eat. Don't make me go get my bat." My grandma said sternly.

I took a seat and played in the food.

"EAT."

I took a bite of the eggs. I ain't gon lie, they was good. Just like she used to make them for me and my dad.

"Ronny, I need to talk to you when you get out of school." My mom said.

I shook my head. "Nah, you good."

"Ronald." My grandma said.

"What!?" I yelled.

"Okay boy, you getting too grown for your britches. You gon talk to your mama and you treat her with some respect."

"For what? She ain't never respected me!"

"Don't act out in front of this child. Come here boy." Granny said, walking into the living room. I trailed behind you. "Look now Ronald, I know this ain't the easiest thing in the world-"

"Where has she been Granny? She left and came back out the blue. She been in this house for 3 years and ain't said a word to me. She the reason pops dead!"

"Quiet down! Your little sister is in there. Just because you and your mama didn't have the best relationship doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a second chance with Ryan. I understand you're hurting baby, trust me I do. But you need to let that anger go."

"Can we talk about this another day? I gotta get to school."

"You'll be here after school, so we can finish this conversation then."