Chapter 23

Mikey P.O.V

I sill can't leave this place. Still can't get out into the fresh air. Still can't shower. Still can't walk. The girl Roisin is still here. I'm growing kind of fond of her as time passes. She doesn't bully me, crowd me, annoy me and she is reliable too. She is planning on dyeing her hair again as her dip-dye has washed out. She wants it dark blue but all of it not just the ends or highlights. I can see that she is insecure about herself but she has no reason to be. She tells me about her pets, her good relationship with her mum, her friends, her talents, her ex-boyfriends... She thinks she is worthless but she is amazing. In almost every way. There is one thing though. She isn't famous so fans are gonna hate. I know this because Faith has only just started being accepted and Izzy is going through hard times also. I hope she pulls through and is liked!...Well....in the end at least...

The only thing is.. I like Roisin as a friend. I don't really want to start a relationship with her. I look across the ward to see Ash. Cal is with him.

" What are you thinking? " Roisins voice splits through the silence.
" I'm thinking that I can't go out with you. I'm sorry. "
" W....w.....w......what? She stutters. What do you mean? "
" I'm sorry. "

She sits there stunned for a moment and then stumbles off. She soon returns to get her skateboard and I lift my head so I can see her face. It was sodden and sticky with tears. Flopping my head back down, I notice Ash and Cal looking at me. I shake my head with the last of my energy and then all goes black!

"Key. Ikey. Mikey! Are you ok? " Calum's voice reaches my ears. "Mikey, I'm gonna tell you a secret. I like you. A lot.
"Sames! " I croak, unable to make another sound.
Calum sings to me. He sings our songs and I drift off on his voice.

Drift Off Forever!