Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty Four

The next few weeks are.... Interesting. Marsa is apparently really good at designing and sewing clothes, so David decided she would make my wedding dress. David also decided he can't legally marry a minor, so we're going to get married on July 24th, my 18th birthday. But I still find it hilarious that David is afraid of marrying a minor when he's already committed at least three other major crimes.

And, after begging David five bazillion times, he finally let us have a wedding in an actual church. Apparently, one of David's criminal friends just happens to be an ordained minister, so he can legally marry us.

Huh. Just imagine that guy on one of those stupid TV shows where they tell you all about some criminal's life. 'John Smith, of London, Great Britain, went to a nice ChristianCollege in northern Ireland, to become a minister. But, after being the pastor of a small church in Kentucky for 8 years, Smith got bored and decided to become an infamous criminal.' Okay then, mister bipolar.

And I've been planning. Planning something big. There's absolutely no way in Hell I'm marrying David, but I just have to go with it until the right moment. I'll get rid of David, and escape with Marsa. I will make David pay for what he did to Chloe, no matter the cost. Chloe will not have died in vain.

The day before the wedding is very busy. David is making arrangements for Marsa to leave while we're on our honeymoon(which involves going back to the mansion and doing stuff there), and Marsa is making the final adjustments on my wedding dress.

As Marsa fools around with the hem of the skirt, I look at myself in the mirror. The dress has two shoulders and a high low skirt. The white lace sleeves reach up to my elbows and poof out a bit at the ends. The whole dress is lacey, and at first I thought it would look tacky, but it actually looks really good.

"Marsa," I say amazed, "this is amazing! Where'd you learn to sew like this?"

"Stephanie taught me." Marsa responds casually.

"Oh." I say. I almost forgot that Marsa had an older sister. Poor Marsa. Her entire family was killed by David. This just makes me angrier at him.

After Marsa has perfected the dress, I carefully take it off and Marsa starts to leave.

"Marsa." I call after her.

"Yes?" She asks, looking back at me.

"Don't forget the plan." Marsa smiles and winks at me.

"I won't. Promise." And then she closes my bedroom door.

I sigh and lay on my bed. My hand immediately goes to play with the heart necklace Ben gave me. Since I got it, I haven't taken it off, not even in the shower. I even convinced David to let me wear it tomorrow. I said it has great sentimental value, so of course he couldn't refuse. David even got me matching triforce earrings, and I'm going to paint my fingernails and toenails green. I'm also going to have yellow roses as my bouquet.

"It's all going to change now." Says a voice next to me. I recognize the voice as Ben's.

"Yes. Yes it is." I say.

"We'll be free. We can do whatever we want, starting tomorrow." Ben shakes his head.

"No. You will be able to do whatever you want. You could travel the world, write a book, form a band. You could do anything. But I can't. I'm dead. And the worst part is, I can't stay with you after you escape. I can't bear to see you live and love and die. I can't watch you fall in love with someone else and forget about me. I can't watch as you grow old and I stay like this forever. I just can't." I turn to look at Ben.

"You won't have to." I say.

"As soon as I get out, I'm going to find your Majora's Mask game and set your soul free. And then I'll kill myself, because a life without you is not worth living. And then we can be together forever in heaven." Ben looks back at me longingly.

"I wish our wedding was tomorrow." He says. I laugh, a real, genuine, laugh.

"Me too, Ben. Me too."

And then I fall asleep, eager for the next day to come. Eager, of course, for all of the wrong reasons.

A/N: Three updates in one day! Yay!!!!!! I could update more, but I think this is a good time to make you wait for a couple days ;) plus, I have to finish typing the very end, and I want to do that before I update more..... <3 Julie