Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty Six

We drive for a few hours until we find a gas station. We pull up to the station and step out of the car. Marsa fills up the car while I go inside the small convenience store connected to the station and look around. When I walk inside, I notice the cashier is reading a magazine, not paying any attention at all. I walk through the store looking at all of the stuff. Eventually, I stop at the magazine stand and look aimlessly through the magazines.

After a few minutes, Marsa walks in and I smile. She walks right next to me and I wink at her. Then I walk straight up to the cashier, who is still reading his magazine. I clear my throat to get the cashier's attention, but he just continues to read his magazine. I ring the bell on the counter, which seems to get some of the cashier's attention.

"How may I help you?" He asks tiredly, not looking up from his magazine. Wow. That must be an extremely interesting magazine for him to not any attention at all to me.

"Can you tell me where we are?" I ask, trying to ignore the cashier's rudeness.

"Just outside Philadelphia." He responds. I swear under my breath. That bastard David took us out of New York.

"Do you happen to sell hunting stuff here?" I ask. All we have for weapons is my kitchen knife, and with what I'm planning, we will need as many weapons as we can get.

"Sure." The cashier says, finally putting down his magazine.

"They're right over- Oh my gosh, what happened to your dress?!" He asks, alarmed. I look down and realize I'm still wearing my wedding dress. Along with the huge blood stain in the front of the dress, it is also torn and burned.

"Oh pooh." I say with a sigh.

"I guess I will also need some clothes. You don't happen to sell clothes, do you?" suddenly, the cashier pulls out a gun and points it at me.

"D-Don't move, or I'll shoot." He says lamely. I start to laugh at his stupidity. He actually thinks I'm scared of that petty little thing?

As I'm laughing, the cashier looks at me horrified. After a minute or two, I stop laughing and smirk.

"You really think I'm scared of a gun?" I ask.

"In the past year, I have been kidnapped, beaten, stabbed, and literally died and then rose from the dead. I have seen my best friend in the entire world die right before my eyes. I have been subjected to what most people will never experience in their entire lifetime in just a few months. Frankly, the past few years of my life have been a living Hell for me and the ones I love. So don't you dare tease me with something as petty as a gun, because I know a million things worse than that."

Before the cashier can react, I grab hold of his arm and twist it so he drops the gun. I pick the gun up and point it at his head.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." I say, annoyed.

"That was too easy." I grab the cashier's collar and pull his face close to mine.

"What's your name?" I ask, caressing the cashier's cheek with the gun.

"Br- Brandon." He stutters out, looking at me with fearful eyes.

"Brandon, such a lovely name." I say, smiling.

"Now, Brandon, unlike me, you are afraid of a gun! Of course, this makes this easier for both of us. My friend and I need weapons and clothes and supplies. Would you be so kind as to let us have them at a discounted rate?" Brandon nods his head quickly.

"Good." I say, pushing Brandon on the ground. Using rope from a nearby rack, I tie Brandon up to a pole and gag him.

"Now stay here sweetheart." I whisper in Brandon's ear. I stand up and Marsa throws me some clothes.

Let's get changed into something more comfortable." She says, heading for the supplies room. I follow her and we get changed into all black clothes. We step back into the main store and get to work.

I get all the weapons in the store as Marsa grabs some food. We joke around with each other as we stuff backpacks full of food, clothes, weapons, and a phone book for Pennsylvania and New York. After we have gathered everything we need, I go up to Brandon and take the gag off his mouth.

"Guess what, Brandon?" I ask excitedly.

"We have decided to free you!" Brandon's eyes light up in eagerness.

"Really?" He asks hopefully, and I smirk.

"Yes." I say coolly, holding the gun to Brandon's head.

"We're freeing you from life." And then a bullet goes through his head.

As we're getting in the car, I feel almost sorry for Brandon. But then the feeling passes and I get into the car. We drive unto the main road and back on the highway. And we drive to the start of our new lives.

A/N: Ohhhhhh Juliette's gone a little psycho, eh? Hehe. Poor Brandon..... <3 Julie