Chapter 18

''No Kayz, can you be my girlfriend?''...

Still Theresa's POV
I started to walk backwards when I heard Kayz's answer.

''Sorry, but my answer is no,'' my eyes widen. I took a peek again at the two and saw her took back her own hands away from Randy's. I can see tears forming in her eyes. Shouldn't she agree to Randy's request? Shouldn't she be happy?

''Why?'' he asked with a frown on his face.

''There are just some things that are more important than love,'' she quoted. Ok, so that just hit me hard.

''What are those important things anyways?''

''I just cant resist to see Theresa being hurt. You guys have been crushing on each other ever since when I came in your lives. You turn your love to me, leaving her hoping that you two will end up with each others' arms. Its ok for me to get hurt than the two of you.'' she said.

''That's it?''

''I'm forbidden to tell you the other reason for it will endanger the people close to me,'' she started to run as fast as she could, Randy chasing her. They passed by me, leaving me guilty. She sacrificed just for me... I can feel tears streaming down my cheeks. Should I just let him go to end this pain?

Kayz's POV
''Kayz!'' I can hear him and his foot steps getting closer. At last! I can see my house just around the corner but my legs are getting weaker. If Randy wont stop, neither am I. I reached my house and kicked the door open. Before Randy has a chance on getting to the terrace, I slammed the door and locked it. Sliding my back on the door as I hugged my legs.

''Open this door Kayz!'' I heard him shout at the otherside of the door. He made the door into a drum, beating rapidly, creating loud banging noises. Skullix ran toward me and nuzzled his head on my arm.

''If you dont open this door I'll...I'll...I'll kick this door open!'' he shouted once more. He just couldn't get the point. I have already put First Ninja and Plop Plop in danger and that's enough. I dont want him to be in danger too but he kept on putting himself in it. I'm not even gonna stay here any longer. After my mission, I have to go back soon. Ash came running from the kitchen when she saw me all curled up. She told me to sit at the couch while she handle this. Following her, I heard Randy counting backwards. When he reached 1, Ash opened the door as Randy bursted in and ended up slamming himself on the wall. Ash went toward the now upside down Randy.

''LIKE WHAT THE JUICE RANDY?!?! WHY ARE YOU BANGING THE DOOR LIKE A HUGE WONK?!?! AND WHY IS MY SIS CRYING?!?! ANSWER ME?!?!" she shouted at him. He was speechless, he doesnt want to tell her the truth for it is against the law of being a ninja. My 'sis' had her arms crossed, waiting for him to speak.

''WELL?!?!" she shouted once again. Silence surrounded us. Before she can even say another word, I covered her mouth with my hands. She looked at me with a confuse look.

''I'll tell you later, just train him,'' I told her. She sighed as I let go of her. She told Randy to get shloomp which he followed. Ash also got herself shloomped which leaves me and Skullix. We looked at each other then nodded. We did our usual hunting routine and off to the forest.

Just hunting some fish on the river, getting myself soaking wet. 2 more fishes to go then I'm on my way. Aiming my arrow at the two when a black leopard pounce at me, sending me on the ground nearby. It growled at me as I kicked it, sending it flying to the river. I unsheathed my daggers and hold'em tight. I noticed a collar around its neck when a memory flashed.

''Well, well, well. Looks like we have supper boys!!!'' I turned around, toward the voice when I came face to face with Catfish.

''Heh, a fish like you would be a great bait for a shark like me,'' Snapping my neck as I got into my fighting stance. Animals crept out of the shadows, surrounding me. A smirk appeared on my face, making him uncomfortable. I motion my fingers, telling him to go first.