HOPE : Hold On, Pain Ends.

"Shhh. You're alright." Jack said. Once again he was holding me. Lately he seemed to always know when something was up and he always did what he could to try and make me feel better. Most of the time he could put a smile back on my face. Jack never told anyone how bad it had become during the tour and I was thankful for that because I didn't want everybody to worry or freak out. By 'how bad' I meant that I couldn't focus on anything, I rarely slept at night and when I actually managed to sleep, all I could get was nightmares. And they became worse every time. 

"What if I'm not? What if I'm crazy? It's been two years and a half and I still can't live normally." I whispered. 

"Alex, you aren't crazy. Sure, it's been a long time, but hey, you've gone through so much. It's alright. This pain will go and you'll feel better. Everything's gonna be fine, ok?" Jack answered. But I was tired of trying to be happy because eventually something would bring me down again. And I just felt as if I couldn't live that one more time. 

"ok, you know what? I have something that could make you feel better. Come with me." Jack stood up and took my hand so I was following him. We got out of the tour bus with his guitar. 

"So, I'm gonna tell you a story. Not so long ago, I wasn't feeling so good and my bestfriend saw it. He came to me and told me this : 'Everything happens for a reason. If it seems that you're stuck, stop thinking. Escape from your life for a bit, do what you like and you'll see that everything will be solved.' I think you got the idea. So, you like singing and playing the guitar. Pick a song." 

That was surprising. I never thought Jack could use my own piece of advice against me. But he did. 

"How do you even remember that?" I asked. He shrugged and stared at me. 

"I really don't feel like singing though." I muttered. Of course, Jack didn't take this as an answer and began to play Adam's song by Blink 182. He knew me so well. 

At the chorus, I started singing along with him. Just like we used to years ago. 

You may have not seen this as I did, but fame wasn't as fun as you might have thought it was. I personally was scared of screwing up one of our shows, of writing a song that wouldn't be good enough for the fans, the guys, anybody. You were always under the spots, whatever you did, it could be known by the whole world. People judged you without knowing what you were going through, or anything about you. They said things that could get into your head even if you knew it shouldn't affect you. You told yourself that they were strangers and didn't really matter, but at the end of the day, you had to live with what they had said. And sometimes, it made me crazy. 

Of course, there was the part when we 'saved' lives. That kind of things made me really happy, but sometimes, I just felt like we didn't save anyone. They realized -maybe because of one of our songs- that they were worth living and they sort of saved themselves. So, those moments weren't always enough for me to ignore the rest. 

But right then, with Jack, everything was fine. I wasn't disappointing anybody, I didn't have to impress anybody. I could be myself. And it felt so good. 

"You're relaxing Lex! That's great! And next time, use your advice. They're really helpful." I smiled at Jack before we got back to the bus. 

"God! We've been looking for you for hours! Where have you two been all this time? And what did you do? We were so worried!" Rian shouted at us while Zack was nodding behind him. 

"We were just outside, playing some songs." Jack explained, showing his guitar. 

"I think I might just have an idea for a new song." I added with a small smile.