New Start.

"Guys! GUYS! God, come here assholes!" I screamed.

Rian was the first one to enter the room, followed by Jack and Zack, the three of them with questioning faces.

"Listen and tell me what you think of this."

With a small smile, I started to play the begining of a new song I've called For Baltimore. Lately, I've got out more. I sort of discovered Baltimore again, from a new point of view. I mean, I honestly think I was becoming healthier, and I sure had learnt a lot during those last few months. Most of all, I believe I can say I got over Jen's death. It was meant to be this way, and there was nothing I could possibly do about it.

So, here I was, singing a song about my town and how it means the world to me. I've lived some weird things here, I've got through some real shit here too. And the people I've met here had been with me during all of these different things. I had made memories in every place in this town, both great and painful. The band started here, in Baltimore. Our very first show was here. Everything we now have is because of Baltimore. And I know I owed alot to this town.

After the chorus, I stopped playing, wishing for a sign that they liked it.

"That was..." Zack started.

"Cleary one of the most.." Rian continued.

"Amazing songs I've ever heard." Jack finished.

I sighed of happiness because, no, this song wasn't our older, or anything, but it was special to me. Just like Therapy and Lullabies were.

I think that most of the time, lyrics are underrated. The song's meaning is left aside, while people simply enjoy the melody. Thing is, everytime I write something, I put my heart and soul into it. If people choose to take a look at my lyrics, they would know eveything about me, about my life.

I couldn't stop smiling. I had a really good life. I do what I love and I'm surrounded by amazing people. My friends, my family, my fans too. And I can finally realize and enjoy that truth in my town, where, I know, is the best place I could do it.

Things happen for a reason. If I did the things that I did, it's because it was meant to be that way. I had to make mistakes to overcome every problem that I had, and accept my dearest's loss. What's sad is that when you're obsessed with your demons, you don't see that. You don't see that self harm isn't the answer. Your demons are the darkest part of your soul, and harming yourselves won't change anything, except making everything worse.

This is something I now try to explain to my fans. You can only get better if you understand that you're worth recovery. And every single person deserves happiness. I want people to have hope while listening to our band. I want people to realize life is something amazing, that it can get hard, but there's always an answer, something that will make it all easier.

Your scars, they made you who you're meant to be. They proove that you've seen the worst parts of life, but that you stayed strong enough to be here today. They show the world that you got through everything, and still can be happy, and make people happy too. Never forget that you need the dark to see the light.

 "There's a hell, believe me, I've seen it. There's a heaven, let's keep it a secret."

------------------------------------------------------------------Alright, so I guess this is the end. This story hasn't come out like I thought it would, but yeah. I can't keep on writing this, I just don't know where to go. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this.

Stay safe & stay strong,

Laurelenn.