Chapter Six

It was June 20th when the girls finally had all of their planning together. It had taken two weeks to figure everything out and then set it into motion. They packed, rented a car for the road, and set up various hotels they would stay in during the trip. Klaus had also booked us a room at each hotel so we wouldn't have to sleep on a couch or on the floor in their bedroom. He had so graciously called high-end hotels in each city. He also took the liberty of planning what the girls would do once they arrived at each place. The first destination was Miami, Florida where Klaus wanted them to visit the Miami Seaquarium, South Beach, and various stores for shopping because apparently Maya didn't have enough clothes as it was.

Once they had packed everything into the car, their parents lectured them on how to be safe traveling cross country by themselves. While they were distracted in the house, Klaus and I snuck into the rental car which was a 2011 Chevy Captiva. Luckily, it had a built in GPS screen just in case they veered off the map.

"We're lucky they didn't have a bunch of luggage or else they would have had to put down these seats." Klaus muttered.

The SUV didn't have another row of seats like the Tahoe did. We were sitting right behind the girls. Thankfully, there was a middle seat in between Klaus and I. Neither of us was fond of the idea of sitting right next to each other for a million hours, especially with him being massively muscular.

***

The girls decided to try to make the drive in one day since it was about thirteen hours to Miami from here. Surprisingly, they were right. It took a lot of Starbucks and switching on and off the driving, but we made it to Miami the next day, almost fifteen hours later. The Hilton Bentley was the hotel Klaus had booked us in.

The girls whispered to each other and held onto their bags as they entered the large lobby. Their eyes twinkled as they gawked at the enormous room. The lady at the front desk cleared her throat which got their attention.

"Oh hi!" Seraphina blushed. "We're here to check in. It should be under Seraphina Rook."

"Yes," The snooty woman typed, "Here you are. It seems you have been upgraded to the Penthouse."

Maya choked on her Starbucks drink and whispered, "He got us the Penthouse?"

"Yes, that's correct." Phina said smoothly. She glared at her best friend over her shoulder with a, "Stay cool" look.

"Here are your keys." The woman returned to skimming through a magazine.

Maya was literally bouncing up and down as they got into the elevator.

"Go with them, I'll get us checked in." Klaus whispered.

The Penthouse was two stories with two master bedrooms, a private Jacuzzi pool, and an ocean front view to die for. The bedrooms were separated by an oversized living and dining room.

"Oh my God! Look at this, Maya." Phina squealed. She was in one of the large Italian marble bathrooms.

"No, come here! This kitchen is incredible." She called.

I was amused by how excited they were. The last feature they hadn't checked out yet was the spiral staircase that led to an ocean front terrace with a private Jacuzzi pool overlooking the ocean.

"Wow, this is amazing." I whispered as I looked out at the Atlantic.

"Oh my," Phina commented behind me. "This is beautiful."

"We're definitely soaking in that Jacuzzi tonight." Maya smiled. They did a high five.

They walked back down stairs. Maya flopped onto the couch.