Chapter Nineteen

I realized that it was all about balance. I couldn't allow myself to worry about my new body or the abilities I had gained from it. I also couldn't grieve my human life anymore. I knew being with Cael and defeating Lucifer had its downfalls. I didn't necessarily sign up for my life to be turned upside down, but these were the cards I got dealt. I needed to use them to my advantage. Besides, it was the happiest time of my life. I was marrying Cael, the Fae-Atlantean God of Love and War. I was a fae now, the first Siren Queen to be exact, and we both would live eternally together. That became my sole focus.

The wedding was the 28th of April on a Saturday. It was the Monday before the wedding and my bachelorette party was later that night. At the bachelorette party, the wedding dress that Renata had designed for me would be revealed. I was itching to see it. If I didn't like it, I feared all hell would break lose. Then again, since I was a fae now the court monarchs were much more tolerant of me. They finally found me interesting and wanted to teach me all about my new life.

The fae didn't understand that certain planning needed to be done sooner than a few days before the wedding. But with me dying and then transitioning for two weeks, we didn't have much of a choice. Everything was happening so quickly and last minute. My analytical, organized, anal side disliked the chaos. I usually had my plans sorted out and ready to go weeks in advance. We had a few days to finish any details that weren't situated.

I stood in one of the many bathing rooms in Artemisia's castle. I stared at my lovely reflection in the long stretch of glass before me. My face still unnerved me. A chill slid down my back as I imagined walking down the aisle. I saw Cael's adoring gaze and my eyes filled with tears. I closed my lids and the picture took life in my day dreams. My gown was stunning; I felt more than a princess. I was a queen in that moment. My father was beside me and his face was torn with intense emotions. My heart fluttered with every beat as my eyes found Cael's. He was so undeniably beautiful and he was forever mine. I felt myself swaying backwards. Someone caught me and had their strong, brawny arms around my waist. I breathed in a woodsy, citrusy scent and smiled. My eyes lazily opened.

"Are you crashing my bachelorette party?" My left eyebrow rose.

He stayed behind me and we danced languidly side to side. He rested his chin on my shoulder and I lifted my hand to play with his unruly hair. It was always messy and windblown; just the way I liked it. I was never fond of short haired men for some reason. I hummed softly careful not to sing a deadly siren song. He was powerful enough to resist it, but it still upset me that I felt the urge to sing whenever I was around him. It was a siren instinct, not my actual desire.

"I would dream of doing no such thing." He breathed out loudly and stroked my chin.

I purred like a kitten and grinned, "What are you doing here then?"

"I guess I missed you, dearest." He murmured in my ear. His breath was hot on my skin.

"You guess?" I scoffed. "Some husband you will be."

"Oh hush, angel." He chided. "I will take care of you and love you always."

I felt my cheeks warm and I relented, "I will do the same for you, my sweet."

"Ditto?" He asked.

"Ditto." I nodded and stopped dancing. I turned around and stood on the tip of my toes to kiss his lips. I had a newfound ballerina grace and balance. Cael picked me up and squeezed me. As a human, his tight embrace might have left me breathless. But now as a fae my bones were stronger and my overall pain tolerance had grown immensely. I hadn't trained since before I died, but I had a feeling that now I would be a force to be reckoned with. I was giddy at the thought of finally kicking Dahlia's ass.