Chapter Ten: Scared

I'm half asleep, holding a sleeping Opal in my arms. The only one who was still awake besides for me was Ryan who was scrolling on his phone, looking tired. He gets up, presumably to go to sleep but instead he walks over to me. "You're being very strong for her, I know you must be in more pain then your showing." He smiles, whispering to me. "It's strange how love can change us, making us stronger or weaker, but always better." He looks down as he thinks, "It's know Allie made me so much better, I don't even want to think about if I never met her, she changed my life." He smiles, thinking about her, "Anyway, you're a good man and I see how much you love her, I hope you guys the best." He kisses Opal's head then mine, letting me fall asleep.

I don't know why he felt the need to tell me that but even half asleep, it makes me feel a bit better about hiding my pain from her.

When I wake up, Opal is gone and most of the guys and Penelope were walking around, chatting quietly. "Where's Opal?" I ask. "Shower." Penelope responds. "Okay, can someone please get me some more pills?" I ask, gritting my teeth at the level of pain I'm in. "Here." Ryan brings me some, whispering that if I needed to cry I could, Opal wouldn't be out for awhile. I nod, rolling on to my stomach, hiding my eyes from the light, praying for some one to take this pain away.

Chris ended up putting some sleeping medicine in my food making me pass out for the whole day, keeping me from playing, but being unconscious keeps you from feeling the pain so either way, I'm happy he did it. I'm awake now but still too drowsy to open my eyes or actually show signs of consciousness, listening to the conversation next to me.

"I hate seeing him in pain, he keeps saying he's fine but he cries when he thinks I can't see." Opal whispers. "Yeah, he's definitely hurting, but guys are like that. You just need to help him when he let's and try not to cry." Ash Costello's voice tells her, "He's the one that keeps me together, he's the one that comforts me. Not the other way around, I don't know how..." Opal whispers, trying not to cry, she's so emotional sometimes.

Ashley let her cry in her arms for awhile until I was awake enough to call her over. "Come 'mere." I mumble to her, putting my arm out towards her. She comes over, wiping her eyes, "You need something for your head?" She asks, holding my hand. "No, just come here." I pull her onto me, holding her until I fall back asleep, Ash leaving for sound check.

I wake up to Opal planting little kisses on my bottom lip, not straight up kissing me. My lips part and she pulls on my lower, moving on to kiss me. She straddles me to get more dominance, turning me on in the process. I haven't had sex in a few days and that's pretty long for us, we both enjoy it a little too much.

I pull on the shirt she was wearing, telling her I wanted it off. She smiles, "You can take it off." She pulls my hands to her shirts hem. I know what she wants, I tear it down the middle and she kisses me again, pulling it the rest of the way off.

She pulls my shirt off, kissing my neck while I fumble to unbutton her jeans. The door opens making us jump, I pull her against me, not wanting the guys to stare at her. "Whoops, sorry!" Ricky says, walking back out. "Sorry about that." I mumble to her. "It's okay." She whispers kissing my jaw. "Not giving up?" I ask, she answers by tearing off her bra. "Ok then..." I smirk, flipping us over.

We don't get walked in on, but every once in a while, I heard the guys yell something sarcastic to tease me, they're just jealous I can make her moan like that. She slipped on her underwear and my shirt before cuddling against me, pulling a blanket over us. The guys come in after a few minutes, noticing the lack of moans must mean we're done. "You guys need to learn to pick up your shit." Chris tells us, throwing the clothes we had tossed around on us.

"Sorry." Opal giggles, hiding her face in my chest. "Don't apologize. He's just a control freak." I whisper into her hair. All that action made my head hurt again, but if I told her that she'd never sleep with me again, too terrified of causing me pain. She doesn't say anything, breathing slows, and she must've fallen asleep. "Pills..." I moan in pain and Ryan, again, my savior, gets me them.

I swallow them, holding Opal tight until the pain reduces and I can see straight. "Dev. They're only getting worse. Let us take you to the hospital." Chris begs. "I realize they are getting worse, I can feel it and it's still not serious enough for the hospital." I say, a bit on edge. "I know you hate being the center of attention, hence why you always push your problems to the side, but you need help."

I ignore them as much as possible, turning on my side, holding Opal as if she was a stuffed animal to cling on to for comfort. The guys gave up, letting me fall asleep. What's with sleep? Either Chris is still giving me sleeping pills or there's something weird. I'm sleeping way too much.

"Devin! Wake up! Your dreaming!" Opal cries, I was strangling her, my fingers wrapped around her throat. Ryan was trying to pull me off her. I let go, crying, holding her in a hug. "I'm so sorry..." I sob, what was I dreaming that made me do that? "It's ok, we're fine, breathe." She catches her breath. I sob in her arms for a long time, the guys surrounding.

I cry until I'm out of tears, I just attacked my girlfriend, why? I love her! What if we were alone and she couldn't wake me up? I would've killed her, for sure. That scares me more than anything, I could kill her without being able to stop myself.

She surprisingly isn't bruised, she isn't even scared, she's just worried. "What did you dream?" She asks softly. "I don't remember." I tell her, hiding my face in her chest. I realize it probably looks perverted but it's comforting to me. "Not at all?" She asks, petting my hair. "No."

The guys are still standing there, awkwardly, nervous something else would happen.