The Vampire Who Stole My Heart Chapter 15 - The Final Chapter

I walked past about 5 alleys until I finally got to where I needed to go. The house had white paint peeling off and a roof that was just about ready to come off.

Don’t even get me started about their lawn. It looked like a jungle but eh. What can I do about it?

I knocked carefully on the door because well, with a house as old as time, its bound to fall off if not handled carefully.

Too late.

I thought just as the door came tumbling down.

I walked in and yelled, “Uncle Rich?!” Yeah I know ironic name since he’s not even close to being rich.

“In here!” he yelled back but it was coming from the floor.

“Where exactly is here?!”

“The basement!”

“Where is that?!”

“Underground!”

“No duh.”

“Don’t sass me Scarlet!”

“Sorry. But where’s the damn--”

“Language!”

“OKAY! SORRY! Just where the fu--I mean damn-- Gosh I mean where is the door?!”

“Look to your right.” I did. Oh. I opened the door and walked in.

The stairs creaked as I walked down them near my uncle. There was a faint light glowing so I followed it.

“Uncle?” I yelled.

“What?” he said back.

“I need your help.”

“With what?” he replied turning to face me after finishing some project he was doing.

“Help me find my dad. Since you knew him best…even better than me.”

“Ok. So…what do you need help with?”

“Oh my gosh… I told you to help me find my dad.”

“Why?”

“Cause I can’t find him?”

“I don’t see the problem.” Did I mention he wasn’t very bright?

“MY DAD IS MISSING. COMPRENDE?”

“Yes. I do. Look at the old abandoned house at Foster. He used to go there all the time.”

“Ok. Thanks. I’m going to go check. Bye.”

“Good luck.” Then I left and texted the address to Stephanie, Ty, and my mom.

~

The floor was creaking. I was at the top of the steps, hesitant.

“What are you? Scared?” Ty taunted. I took the first step. Creak. I sighed and continued down.

When I finally got off the last step, there was a pool of blood and it wasn’t dry yet. “He’s here,” I whispered.

As we continued to walk, Ty said, “This is taking forever. Look. We can move either left or right. Let’s split up. I’ll go with Scarlet and you two go.” So we went left and they went right.

After running around, we saw a blonde man about 20 years old and Ty looked at me. It meant Should we ask him..? I nodded and we walked toward him.

“May I help you?” the blonde man asked.

“Yes. Have you seen anyone around here with the last name De Silva?” I asked.