The Vampire Who Stole My Heart Chapter 11

I stared at Ty.

"My father what?" I asked.

He hesitated but finally said, "He's um...he's alive." My eyes grew wide as my mind comprehended what that meant.

"So?" Christine asked. "Shouldn't that be a good thing?" Katrina stared at her for only a moment then understanding crossed Christine's face.

"Oh," she said while Zero added, "Someone bit him then."

"Whoa. Scarlet's dad had stage 4 cancer and he's living...missing too?" Jayleen said. "I'm sorry but your life is like a horror show. You're dating a vampire and your father might be one. That's sort of scary."

I laughed. It was sort of true because...well you know. I sighed.

"If he did get turned, who did it?" I asked. Everyone went quiet and I felt the need to cry.

"Okay fine. You don't need to answer that but where is he? I want to see him," I said.

"The last time anyone saw him was in an alley eating a...I think a dove," Ty replied.

 "What can we do?" I asked.

Everyone went into dead silence. They don't want me to do anything do they? I thought. Katrina nodded.

"I'm not weak," I said. "I CAN help. Besides, I WANT to help." They seemed to hesitate but all ended up nodding.

"Fine," Ty said. "But once you get hurt, you're done." I nodded and they discussed a plan.

                                                                                  * * *

"Remind me again, why we have to walk through a dirty alley," I said. It was about 10 at night and I was not at home...I was in an ALLEY!

"It's your dad so get quiet," Katrina replied.

"Why can't I just go on your back and you carry me?" I asked, my feet were killing me. I was walking for about 5 hours.

"First of all I don't know WHY I agreed to go with you when I could have gone with Diana. Second, this isn't Twilight. Finally, I AM NOT A HORSE!" she replied. I groaned.

Then we heard a noise.

"What was that?" I asked. Then the noise came back. Katrina stared at me. It was coming from behind the trash can.

I shrugged thinking it was probably a mouse. We continued to walk until the noise came back. This time, LOUDER.

I started walking toward the can when Katrina pulled me and it was REALLY hard.

"What do you think you're doing?" she snapped.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I asked. "I'm trying to see what's there!" When I finally got close enough to the figure, a hand behind me grabbed me. I screamed.

When I turned it was Katrina.

"Don't scare me like that! You're trying to kill me!" I yelled. She started laughing.

"Anyways, since your not so scared, you go," I added. She froze and shook her head.

"That's what I thought," I whispered and continued walking toward the can.

When I looked I was scared. The figure was covered in blood, covering a withered animal.

"D-D-Dad?" I asked. Their eyes were bloody red as I looked into them. "Is that you?"