The Vampire Who Stole My Heart Chapter 8

"Why not?" He didn't answer.

I sighed. "It's okay. If its that big a deal then I won't interfere with it," I said. He smiled at me and not a smirk, a smile. A sincere one. "Thanks," he replied.

We sat there for about 3 minutes then we heard screaming. That could only mean one thing. They found Katrina.

We both stared at each other and ran to the house. There was no one. "Follow me," Ty said. Of course, I followed.

We heard the screaming again but this time, it was in a garlic patch. Ty looked like he was going to pass out. "Hey, you okay?" I asked.

"We're all allergic to garlic," he replied. I thought about that for a moment and I was shocked. I never met anyone who was allergic to garlic or someone who could drive 90 mph. They didn't eat either but... they can't be. I could have left it like that but another thought popped out and said their ALL vampires. So what are you waiting for? Rat them out.

I thought I was paralyzed but Ty grabbed my wrist and said, "Let's get out of here." I didn't move. "Can I ask you something?" I asked. He nodded.

"Are you a...a....vampire?" He stood there like a statue unable to speak. His jaw tightened as he said, "Let's go." I still didn't move. "No," I mumbled.

"Let's go Scarlet."

"I said no."

"Come on!"

"Tell me if you're a vampire!"

"No."

"I'll ask Katrina." His jaw tightened more that he could have broken his teeth. I began to run toward the house yelling ,"Katrina!!" Ty was trying to catch up with me but I bet that was fake. He could out run me anyway.

I finally got in the house and I saw the whole family -with Katrina- in the living room. Ty was right behind me. I ran to Katrina and the others.

" Are you guys vampires?" I asked. They all sat frozen unable to know what to say.

As Katrina was about to say something, Ty yelled, "Katrina! If you say one word I'll..... You know." That just about shut her mouth.

"Katrina. Anyone. Tell me please," I begged. None of them budged. "Come on! Can we just tell her?!" Katrina said.

Everyone sighed but ended up shaking their heads. "Fine. Don't tell me," I said as I walked up to my room.

Ty ran after me but I ran as fast as I could to my room and shut the door. Of course, he got in just in time which just proves he's a vampire.

I sat on the corner of my bed. "I just wanted to know," I said. He sighed and sat next to me. "Why?" was all he said.

"All my life I've been afraid," I started. "I never went out in the day because I was scared of...."

"Of?" he asked. I got up and started to pace. "Of....life. I felt like I wasn't supposed to be here," I replied.

Ty went up to me and grabbed my shoulders forcing me to look at him. "You do belong. Not like us." He sighed and let go. "Just tell me. I promise I won't tell," I said.

"Wait here," he said and went out the door. It must have been about three minutes but it seemed like forever. I was in a dark room after all with no light. Not even the moon showed.