Eight: Plenty Of Bullets

The girl doing my hair had just finished straightening my new candy floss pink locks when the door to the salon was thrown open and a red-faced Jay stormed in

"Jessie, get out," he growled, his entire body tensed and ready to fight. I'd never seen such venom in his eyes before.

"I'm getting my hair done, you can wait till-"

"Jessie. Now." He snapped, his eyes darting around the empty salon quickly. "If there's one thing you do for me for the rest of your life, make it leaving this salon right now."

Was he... Scared?

Something about his tone made me second guess his motives, so I stood up and waved at Jay to give the girl some money but before he could, a door at the back of the salon opened, revealing a guy about Jay's age.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" His deep voice was rough as if damaged and it sent shivers down my spine.

"An oversight on my part," Jay replied through gritted teeth whilst grabbing my arm and pushing me behind him.

What was going on here? What had I stepped into?

"Hey now, don't rush off. I haven't even been acquainted with your Princess here. Jessie, is it?" The guy asked and strode forwards so that I could see him better over Jay's shoulder.

His appearance was clean cut, with a designer suit draped over his well-toned form, but he somehow still managed to make it seem slightly edgy and rough around the edges. His blond hair was cut into a short, back and sides style and a prominent scar ran from his temple to his jaw line on the left side of his face, which helped to really sell the dangerous vibe.

"Don't look at her." Jay's voice brought me from my own thoughts and I shrunk back behind him slightly.

"You're on my turf now, don't tell me what to do."

"That's why we're leaving." Jay shoved me further towards the door and I was reaching for the handle when the guy's voice rang out again.

"Keep your bitch on a leash Jay or you'll find her in my very welcoming hands."

I didn't hear anything else as I was pushed out of the salon and Jay grabbed my hand before breaking out into a run.

"We need to go!" He barked at me, pulling me towards the car I had driven in to the salon.

"Who was that? What's going on?!"

Just as we got into the car, bullets started to ring out, hitting the window screen which I now realised had bullet proof glass.

"Oh, great!" Jay shouted, locking the doors and dialling someone on his phone.

"Jay, what's going on?!" I screamed as more bullets hit the car and he peeled out of the spot I'd parked the car in, quickly accelerating down the road.