Twenty-Nine: The Main Event Pt.II

**CHAPTER SONG: James Vincent McMorrow - Wicked Game**

Speedy was restrained in seconds and I stood on shaky legs as I held both guns still pointed at him, my wounded legs desperately needing medical attention

"James and Charlie, get him into the cellar and get him secure, I'll be down as soon as I've got Jessie sorted out." Everyone began moving around me and I hobbled to turn and see Jay, his hands out waiting for the guns in my own.

"It's over." He said, treating me as if I were a weak girl in shock. "Let me take you to get your leg redressed."

"I'm not a child Jay." I spat, tucking both guns into the top of my leggings. "So stop treating me like one." I began to walk away with a serious limp, a gasp escaping my lips every time I put weight on my injured leg.

"If you're going to continue acting like a child then I'll continue to treat you like one." Jay snapped as he fell into step beside me and took both guns from my leggings, tucking them into the back of his own jeans instead.

"Hey!" I shouted but as I lurched forward to grab him, he lifted me and threw me over one shoulder, completely immobilising me.

"You can have them both back once I've sorted your leg, okay?" I didn't reply as a horrible sense of insecurity came over me from being helpless without a gun. I felt like the girl I used to be. I felt useless in a man's world.

"Please put me down." I murmured, no longer fighting which made Jay pause and put me down by the glass panels into the kitchen. He stood up again and looked at me, trying to gauge my reaction.

"Let me look after myself, you have work to do."

"Let me help you Princess." He said quietly and I shook my head, suddenly feeling a wave of emotion roll over me. I felt like I wanted to sob at how weak I was which meant that something was changing. What was going on now? What had they done to my head?

"Please..." I whispered as tears spilled over and I bowed my head, ashamed that I was crying in front of Jay after so long of being strong and fearless.

"You're crying." He murmured. "You're actually crying." He lifted my chin so that I was looking into his eyes and a grin was spread across his face before it faded as he realised that something had changed.

"They hypnotised me Jay. Some freaky psychologist guy named Curtis hypnotised me so that I would block out my emotions and Speedy basically insinuated that they may have put subconscious instructions in my head to help bring down The Alliance... But I have no idea what they are or when things will happen or-"

"Hey, shh. Everything is going to be okay. I'm going to go into the cellar and find out exactly what's going on because something has to have changed..."

"I feel weak, helpless, upset, angry... I feel everything. All at once."

"Seeing Speedy must have been a trigger. Whatever their plan is, it's starting, which means that you are now unpredictable."