8 - Innocent Man

So here's what you missed on glee...Mr Shue tried to get the glee club to be open with their song choices but no one really did the assignment because Principal Sylvester said that anyone who did would be expelled, and the glee club had already been suspended for two weeks before that for the Katy vs Gaga assignment that they did. Jake cheated on Marley with Bree, and then Taylor found out because Jake was all touchy feely with Bree. So Taylor sang a Paula Abdul song at him and warned him that she was going to tell Marley. Marley found out from both Taylor and Bree which led her to breakup with Jake and singing a breakup song and break a lot of stuff. She also almost kissed Cameron last week, and he's like in love with her, but wouldn't kiss her while she was dating Jake. Taylor and Sam had an argument before the suspension and they only made up last week, and Taylor explained to Sam why she wasn't attracted to the bad boy types any more and that she was in love with Sam, who was a good boy and that's what you missed on glee.

XXXXXXXX

"You look great tonight honey" Ms Vasquez, or Mrs Lynn in this case now, laughed to Taylor. Yup, Taylor had agreed to willingly sit down and have dinner with her mother. Her mother, Mr Lynn, Ryder, Sam and Blaine were all sat around the dining table in the Lynn house. Neither Anderson, Lynn or Evans were saying anything much until that little remark. This was taking keeping your enemies close and playing it close to the vest. "Who are you wearing?" Mrs Lynn asked hopefully. She was referring to to the yellow dress with the gold and black embellish and the black sash running around the waist.

"My friend Kitty made it. She's an aspiring fashion designer and I'm her test dummy" Taylor replied flatly. Kitty had also asked if she needed to hide straight razors in the stitching, just in case Taylor wanted to kill her mother. If Taylor wanted to get to know what her mother was doing then she would at least have to see like she was being nice.

"I didn't know that Kitty made dresses" Ryder commented. He didn't really know much about his girlfriend, all they really did was makeout and that was it.

"Oh is Kitty your girlfriend?" Mrs Lynn laughed. Ryder turned and frowned at her, no matter what Taylor's stance on her mother was, Ryder still clearly despised her. "Why haven't you brought her over to meet us yet?" Mrs Lynn inquired. It made everyone a little curious as to why she would be prying into Ryder's life as well as Taylor's.

"Well she isn't really my girlfriend and our relationship isn't the traditional kind" Ryder replied back sourly. He really didn't like his new step mom at all did he? Mr Lynn cleared his throat warningly to his son, for his to drop the attitude. Though Mr Lynn was is the only position to not see what a monster it was that he was actually married to. "She's not really the sort to be interested in meeting the family" Ryder explained.

"Especially this one" Taylor muttered to herself before gulping down another glass of wine, well she needed something to get through this dinner without saying something. It seemed that everyone heard her though because they all looked down at their plates so they wouldn't look at each other.

"So Sam? Blaine? You two are heading off to college next year? Any designs on where you'll be attending yet?" Mrs Lynn asked the boys, since they seemed to be staying very quiet, and have been all night. Which didn't help since Taylor brought them along as a buffer between her and her mother.

"Well we're actually going to New York this week. I'm thinking about looking into either NYADA for performing arts. Or Columbia for pre-medical as well" Blaine explained back to Mrs Lynn. Mrs Lynn cracked a smile, which didn't at all settle the knot that was writhing in Taylor's stomach. It must have been the mention of New York.

"A doctor in the family? Wow. If you're going to New York then you simply must visit the old neighbourhood where me and Taylor lived. It may have been in the bad part of New York in the Bronx but it still felt like home" Mrs Lynn smiled. She gave a sad smile to Taylor before looking away just as quickly. She thought of it as home and Taylor thought of it as hell. "So Sam, where are you applying to next year?" Mrs Lynn asked.