VII.

"I gotta be out my mind
To think it's gonna work this time
A part of me wants to leave
But the other side still believes
And it kills me to know
How much I really love you
So much I wanna ooh, ooh, ooh
To you, ooh, ooh"
|| It Kills Me- Melanie Fiona ||

Desta Evans

Me and Chris rode in comfortable silence. Jhene's soothing voice still flowing through the speakers, making us nod our head to the different beats.
I looked out the window and it seemed as we were not in my specific area. What I mean by that is, where I live is very suburban area.
The area that we were currently in was very urban. Many buildings, and a lot of traffic. I've never really been to this part of town.

"Where are we going" I blurted out, my attention still glued to the many contractions outside.

"To dinner" he replied smartly. I know that where going to dinner, I don't have time for any guessing games.

"I know that Mr-"

"It's Chris, BabyGirl. I'm not working"
I took in an deep breath.
"I know that Chris, but I would like to know specifically where" I stated, as calm as I could.

"It's an surprise" he smiled.
I groaned in annoyance.
I hate surprises.
"Ugh whatever" I huffed.

"Awe you mad at me Ma'?" He started making an pouting face.
I tried hard not to smile, he looked so adorable.
"No." I whispered, looking down. Biting my lip trying to prevent an smile from forming.
From the corner of my eye I saw him glance at me.

"Ay' what I tell you about hiding that beautiful face of yours?" He stated.
"Not to do it" I mumbled.
"Exactly, so lift your face up Ma' and show me those purr'ly whites" he replied goofily.
I couldn't help but to bust out into laugher. I don't know why, but that was hysterical.
"Oh my god, she laughs" he joked chuckling, and I punched his arm slightly.
"Hush" I replied,
still giggling a bit.
"Hey! You're not suppose to hit your teacher" he replied, fake whining.

"Last time I checked, you're not working... Christopher" I challenged.

He gasped loudly.
"Now that you're getting comfortable with me, I see you have a smart mouth" he stated, chuckling to himself.

"Maybe, maybe not" I said, grinning to myself.
Good one Desta, good one.
I mentally patted myself on the back. Happy that I'm finally opening up a little, I'm finally attempting to be happy.

"We're here"
I looked out the window to see we were at this type of nice looking restaurant. I've never been here before, so I hope the food is good.
I hopped out the car, as me and Chris made our way towards the restaurant.

"Ayye Breezy, wassup mane" an waiter came up to Chris when we walked in. He was brown skinned, and had an nice low cut. He had an nice set of teeth, me knowing this because I was observing the big smile plastered on his face.

"Ayy' how you been fam" Chris responded.

"I've been good, yakno' still working here part-time just for an little extra money." The other guy said. I stood their awkwardly, blocking out the rest of their conversation.