Chapter 13

A lot has happened since the week Jason and Noel got in a fight and Jason kissed me. Jason had asked me to be his girlfriend and of course I said yes.

I walked down the halls of Rosewood high with my books in my hand. I opened my locker when Noel walked passed me. I looked at him as he walked away looking sad.
I closed my locker and walked to the guidance counselor office.The door was opened and Jason was sitting at his desk doing paperwork.I knocked on the door and he looked up.

Hey. Jason said.Hi.So...I need to ask you something. I said. What?Jason asked. Don't you think we should tell your family about us? I said. No! Do you know how they would feel if they found out about me and you! They would feel betrayed and hurt. Jason said. So you don't want to be seen with me because of news reporters and cops and because you happen to work as a guidance counselor at my school. I said.

Look,im not embarrassed of you. I would actually like to go on a real date with you but what if im not ready to tell my family about us and expose us to the world. Jason said. What do you mean expose us to the world? I asked confused. I mean what if people are not ready to hear that me and you are dating. What if we did tell people about us. What would I do about a job?Jason asked. I don't know but im sure you would find another job. I said. Ot doesn't matter if I find another job...it's the timing that matters. Jason said. The bell then rang. I'll see you later.I said walking to my class.