Chapter 20

The next person Tanner interviewed was Jason. I waited by the door because I had to stay. Jason then walked out angrily. What happened? I asked. She's trying to trip me up. Jason said. What do you mean trip you up? I asked. Look,im trying not to lie but I have to. Jason said. Lie about what? I asked. Im trying not to tell the part about my drinking because I don't remember anything about that night because I was drinking.Jason said. Look, everything is gonna be okay. Just tell them everything you know and Remember about that night because everyone that she's interviewing is gonna have a different story and she has to put all the stories together to find out what happened to Alison that summer. Just tell the truth.I said. We hugged each other and went to Mrs.D.

Mom Im gonna walk with Aaliyah. Jason said to her. Okay but I just want to let you know, you clean out your office at the school tomorrow because we are trying to get out of here by noon tomorrow. I smiled at her but she gave me a evil grin. I looked at her and smiled as I walked off with Jason.

How do you feel about moving?I asked. I don't want to because Im leaving you behind. Jason said. How about you get your own apartment in rosewood. I said. Your parents would never let you.move in with a 21 year old. Jason said. Im not gonna move in with you yet but atleast I get to see you and you keep your job and pay the rent.I said. That all sounds good but I think im gonna move away for a little with my family. Jason said. Okay. It's good to stay with your family.I said. But I promise you,I will come back. Before graduation. Jason said kissing my forehead.

I took my keys out my bag and opened my house door. When I turned around,my mom was sitting there on the couch staring at me.