confrontation * F POV *

"if it's all the same to you mrs Weasley I would like to keep the choice that the ministry gave me. "

As soon as those words left hermione's mouth there was a collective gasp around the table, and the sound of cuttlery being dropped to the floor, other than that. silence.

mum was the first to regain the ability to speak, whilst everyone else just sort of stared at mione. mione? since when have I called her that?

"well that is certainly unexpected, but go on dear tell us who you got" obviously hermione hadnt thought to answer this question as she sort of tensed up all over and looked at the floor. and it was because of this that she didnt see Rons mouth open as if he was about to scream at her. without even thinking my protective mode kicked in and I was on me feet walking towards hermione.
" its me mum, ive been paired with mione and im also rather happy with the way things turned out, mione is the person I'd been hoping for even before this law buisness was even brought about, hell, I had been hoping to ask her out in 3rd year!" wait... WHAT?! please tell me I didnt say that out loud... PLEASE!

suddenly I was attacked from my left and I tensed up thinking it was Ron. until I smelt the familiar scent of apple and cinnamon and saw her trademark brown hair that I realise it was hermione. and she was hugging me!? I chucked both out of nervousness and her actions and then hugged her back with the same force as she did... well maybe a little less, I didn't want to break her now did I?

dear merlin this was to good to be true!