Chapter Fourteen

My stomach dropped and my throat was dry. I had a hard tie breathing and started to cry, I could barely talk.

"Will he wake up?" I asked with my voice crackly.

"Sometime this month. If he doesn't then there is a chance he might not wake up for months and maybe years." the nurse informed me.

"M-Month, Years?! Not today?"

"I think you neeed to sit down and relax. Ill go get you some water honey."

I sat down next to Skylar's hospital bed, crying. I held his hand. He had a cast on his other arm and cuts and bruises all over his arms and legs. I was mumbling to myself, and him.

"I'm so sorry Skylar. It's all my fault, I promise will be here everyday until you wake up, and wen you do I'm going to never let you drive again. Just 2 weeks ago we haven't talked for 3 years and now we are so close and I ma..."

Loud beeping and ringing and nurses came in and one of them escorted me out ouf the room.

"What's happening?! Is he okay?" I yelled to the nurse.

"We don't know yet." she said as she ran back into the room and closed the door.

I sat in the hallway by his door waiting for them to say he woke up. I wanted everything to be okay again. I sat there for hours, and none of the nurses came out yet. I called my friend Chloe to come down and keep me company.She finally arrived with baloons and a teddy bear, she handed them to me and gave me a huge hug.

"Are you okay?" she said when she was hugging me.

"Im hanging in there, the doctors have't came out of the room yet."

"Aww K-bear, I'm so sorry! I'm going to stay with you the whole time!" She called me by our old kiddy nicknames.

"Thak you," Isaid as we bothe sat down. I set the baloons on the floor with the baloon weight and was holding the teddy bear while we talked.

"So what happend?"

"Aaron hit our car when me and Skylar where driving and Skylar's car rolled, he flew out of the car because he didn't have on his seat belt and he is in a coma now with a broke arm."

"I'm so sorry. but yoour okay right? No injuries?"

The nurse walked out and we stood up immediantly,

"You can go in Mrs.Astin." the nurse said.

"We are just friends."I said as we walked in.

"But before you go in I must tell you." I nodded "He may not remember you, or anything that happend tonight."