Chapter Fifteen

After I heard the news from the nurse my stomach dropped and my throught Went dry, even though I was sweating bullets.

We walked into the room and Skylar smiled, he was hooked up to so many machines, you could hear his heart beat from the monitor. The room was so cold and empty. I walked up to Skylar after building up my courage.

"Hi, h-how are you feeling?" I asked while stuttering.

"I'm feeling better, but who are you?" He asked.

At that moment I knew that Skylar had forgotten about me, and nothing was ever going to be the same. We wouldn't be friends anymore and we would rarely talk. My eyes filled with tears.

"Woah. I didn't mean to make you cry Kylie, I was kidding." Skylar said.

"Skylar! You shouldn't joke about that! What if you actually did forget about me? Nothing would be the same!" I said so relieved.

"I'm glad you two are better now." Chloe interrupted.

"Yeah me too," I said

"We'll I'm going to go back home and get some rest, ill see you at work Kylie!" Chloe said while she gave me a hug and waved bye to Skylar.

The nurse came in and informed me that Skylar has to stay the night but he could leave in the morning and I could stay here with him.

Me and Skylar thanked her and Skylar asked what had happened, I told him the whole story and while I was talking his phone rang. I handed it to him but he gave it back.

"Answer it for me. It's my sister tell her I am asleep."

I answered the phone

"Hello." I spoke into the phone.

"Skylar?" She said.

"No I'm his friend Kylie, Skylar is sleeping right now."

"Is he okay?"

"He's fine just a broken arm and he cut open ins leg."

"Thank you for staying there with him."

"No problem. Ill have Skylar call you in the morning."

"Okay thank you!"

"Bye."

I set his phone back onto the table when the nurse came back in and  told us when he was going to get his stitches and cast off. After she told us the news Adam DeVine walked in with Starbucks, for me and Skylar.

"Ugh I love you!" I yelled laughing because of my Starbucks obsession.

"Hey now." Adam said back laughing.

"Thank you for the coffee." Skylar said.

"So hows the hospital life bud? Adam asked Skylar jokingly.

"Not good." , I butted in, "and we wont be back."

"Well I was asleep during everything so I dont really remember anythig.' Skylar answered.

"So how did you find out Skylar was here?"

"It was on the news."

"THE NEWS?!"

"Yeah."

"What? Why?"

"Skylar is an actor and so the paparatzzi always follows him now."

"Great." I said sarcastically

"But why did you come so early in the morning?" I asked

"I couldnt sleep."

We talked for hours and until Skylar was able to go home so me and Adam went to the waiting room while Skylar got ready to leave. Once Skylar was ready Adam drove me and Skylar back to my apartment, when we got back Skylar went to bed and me and Adam sat on the couch together and talked and talked and talked. I got to know so much more about Adam which I thought was a good thing because he was Skylars good friend and now mine too.

As we where talking I noticed how muscular and broad he was, he had to go to the gym at least 6 times a week and lift weights. His hair was gelled up like Skylars and he always wore loose v-neck shirts that were soft and he always had in Axe cologne.

After our long conversation we decided that we wanted to watch a movie so I made some popcorn and Adam picked out the movie.

When the popcorn was in the microwave I walked into my room to see Skylar sleeping, I walked over and gave him a kiss on his forehead. He was a cute sleeper and he was very concentrated in his dream.

The buzzer went off for the microwave so I went into the kitchen and poured it into a bowl and set it into the table. Adam picked "The Breakfast Club" his favorite and one if mine too.

Near the end if the movie we started talking again.

"You have really pretty eyes." Adam told me as I blushed.

"Ew I'm not even wearing makeup!" I said giggling.

"You don't need to."

I looked up at Adam and smiled. We stared into each others eyes and started leaning in closer and closer and closer until our lips touched.