Chapter 3: The Perfect Gift

I had the perfect gift in mind for my dad he was always so sad about missing out on my little brother's milestones. So I was going to ,starting tomorrow which is Sunday, take all the station duties from my dad so he can spend time with mom and Neal.

The more that I thought about it the more perfect it seemed. I mean I kept ruining their family moments by making them feel guilty or interrupting important milestones. Like Neal's first word had been Emmie where as my parents had so desperately wanted it to be either Mommy or Dada. So I just got in the way just like I did with Regina and Henry.

I sighed heavily just as my mom finished setting the table for dinner.
"Everything okay Em?" She asked almost instantly and I nodded ,but I could tell she didn't buy it.

"If you're worried about what to get your dad don't, anything you get him he'll love." She reassured me gently and I nodded slowly still thinking my plan of sleeping in the station at night and working all through the day was a great birthday gift better than any stupid object or drawing which he probably wouldn't want anyway.

I was broken from my thoughts when Neal raced over to me on his chubby little legs and outstretched his arms,indicating that he wanted to be held.
I obliged because this would probably be the last time I held him in a week. He must've sensed something was off though because he put his hands on my cheeks and whispered.

"Emmie no go!" I pretended to laugh it off as if I didn't know what he was talking about. Slowly I handed him over to my mom,who placed him in his highchair and put some rolly peas on his plate, which fascinated him to no end.

Just then my dad walked out of the bathroom smiling like mad.
"Alright ladies let's get this dinner started!" He cheered merrily.

To Be Continued...

Hey guys I hope you enjoy this story! Also please vote,comment, or both and tell me how you like this story ;)
✌ peace out thanks for everything✌